Powers and Abilities
- Probability Manipulation: The Scarlet Witch possesses the mutant power of affecting probability fields. By a combination of gestures and mental concentration, she creates hex-spheres, finite pockets of reality-disrupting quasi-psionic forces, which upon reaching their intended target, cause disturbance in the molecular-level probability field surrounding the target. Thus, unlikely phenomena will occur. She has to calculate the mathematical probability that the effect she intends to create will actually happen; the more unlikely the effect, the more complex the mathematical formula, and the more difficult and time-consuming it will be to make the effect happen. Among the many phenomena she is able to cause are: the sudden melting of gun barrels, the spontaneous combustion of any flammable object, the rapid rust or decay of various organic and inorganic materials, the poltergeist-like deflection of an object in flight, the sudden evacuation or containment of air in a given volume, the disruption of energy transmissions and fields, the sudden loss in momentum of projectiles, the spontaneous opening of doors, the sudden explosion of objects, the spontaneous generation of forcefields, the ability to deflect magical attacks, and so on. These phenomena occur practically instantaneously after the completion of her hex. She can override the powers of others who control probability depending on their aptitude.
- Luck Manipulation: This is the ability to bestow blessings or inflict jinxes upon herself or other. This was the initial manifestation of her powers because it lacked the need for calculations; however as a result, this facet was much less reliable and more random in nature. She could merely determine if she wanted something good or bad to happen.
- Black Box Effect: Wanda can cause random events to occur out of the user’s control.
- Bliss Zone: Wanda can cause things good happen when standing in a certain spot.
- Terror Zone: Wanda can things bad happen when standing in a certain spot.
- Stability Manipulation: Wanda can control the stability of things (buildings, mountains, people's health and even other's abilities.) This can be used to destroy a building or cause an avalanche. Alternatively, she can make buildings and mountains highly stable, very unlikely that it'd fall.
- Disaster Manipulation: She can decrease the stability of nature to initiate natural disasters.
- Efficacy Manipulation: This ability allows Wanda to increase or decrease the efficiency and potency of anything.
- Tychokinetic Combat: Wanda is able to utilize probability manipulation with her physical combat, making her lucky while inducing bad luck on others. This allows her to make devastating blows and evade most blows. However due to the rapid nature of hand-to-hand combat, she may cause unintentional effects to happen that could not be beneficial.
- Enhanced Intelligence: Wanda has intelligence that is significantly above standard genius level intellect. She is gifted with higher mental faculties such as a more powerful, photographic memory, allowing total recall, better calculation skills, greater reasoning skills, and a more superior learning capacity. As a result, she has become an expert in numerous scientific and mathematical fields. This ability aids her when she must calculate the likelihoods of certain events.
- Peak Human Mental Process: Wanda's mental performance is greatly enhanced, allowing her mind to operate in the most efficient and rapid manner possible. One manifestation of this is her tactical genius; the ability to quickly process multiple information streams (e.g. threat assessment) and rapidly respond to changing tactical situations. Wanda also possesses an eidetic memory, meaning that she can never forgot anything and has perfect recall. This enables her to remember any military tactic and apply it to any situation. Able to utilize more than a human's full brain capacity for information processing and sorting, Wanda's mind is virtually a computer built for strategy and problem-solving, one that works at optimal ability even when under stress and fatigue. Using her superior problem-solving skills, Wanda can work out a battle ahead of time from many possibilities and predict enemy movements and tactics after the battle has engaged by recalling and utilizing memorized mannerisms acquired through past experience on a moment's notice. She is also ingenious in devising solutions against superior aspects of opponents, can observe and exploit, and can calculate distance, speed, and time at lightning speeds; her sense of timing is superb, bordering on perfection.
- Accelerated Probability: Wanda can sense all the variables of any situation, allowing her to predict outcomes and what choices she should make to reach the conclusion she wants. Her ability to calculate probabilities at incredible speeds causes Scarlet Witch to seem clairvoyant.
- Quantum Precognition: Wands has the ability to perceive all outcomes of a situation.
- Causality Perception: Wanda's mind is able to take in various and complete mathematical/scientific data from her surroundings, and then she is able to process the data to know how one occurrence will cause a certain reaction in her environment. Therefore, she is able to tactfully use her probabilities manipulations to impact small things in her surroundings that will lead to a larger series of events that she desires.
- Sorcery: Wanda is also a living focal point for the earth's magic. Her sorceress training (magic) with Agatha Harkness is separate from her mutant ability of probability (science). But the mixture of the two makes her considerably more powerful than just using her probability powers alone. She has a special affinity for the natural elements and materials that true witches utilize in their spells: the four alchemical elements, wood, organic substances, etc. Her sorcery skill allow her to tap this universe's infinite store of ambient magical energy and manipulate these to a variety of effects. A skill derived from three major sources: personal powers of the mind/soul/body, powers gained by tapping the universe's ambient magical energy and employing it for specific effects and finally, powers gained through the tapping of extra-dimensional energy by invoking entities or objects of power existing in mystical dimensions tangential to her own. The latter means of power is usually gained by the recitation of incantations. She can cast spells for a variety of effects including (but not limited to) the following:
- Inherent Gift of Telekinesis: Unlike her other magical abilities, Wanda has a natural affinity for telekinesis. Compared to other magic-wielders, this ability comes more easily and does not require any incantation or outside magical source. This ability allows her to move objects as well as individuals with her mind. It can be channeled through her eyes or hands, the latter being the most common way.
- Psionic Abilities: astral projection, telepathy, illusions, hypnotism, memory manipulation, telekinesis
- Elemental Abilities: elemental manipulation, weather control
- Spatial Abilities: teleportation, dimensional travel, time manipulation
- Physical Abilities: transmutation, conjuring of objects, size alteration, superhuman strength and durability, healing, flight
- Magical Abilities: mystic bolts, standard shields, mystical invulnerability
- Expert in Mathematics & Sciences: Wanda has learned a great deal of knowledge in areas such as biology, chemistry, physics, and statistics that allow her to optimize her mutant power. Her knowledge would be equivalent to holding PhD's in all these areas.
- Expert Knowledge of Sorcery: Wanda was trained by Agatha Harkness in witchcraft. Her sorceress training has given her a set of powers separate from her mutant abilities, as well as honed her control over her existing mutant, probability abilities. Agatha has given Wanda a vast knowledge of magical spells, extensive knowledge of mystical lore, and incantations invoking names and aspects of various extra-dimensional objects and beings of power. Through these incantations, as a magi, Wanda is able to call upon these extra-dimensional power sources for very specific effects without taxing the personal abilities.
- Adept Improvisation: Though she usually has at least a couple hundred specific spells and formulas (for probability manipulation) prepared at any given moment, she is adept at improvisation and can readily modify her spells and formulas to handle unpredictable situations. She often uses her magic and probability powers to assist in performing everyday tasks, especially if she is too busy or fatigued to do them the mundane way (e.g. cause water to boil or open a door).
- Expert Combatant: Although "hexes" and magic are her primary weapon in battle, Wanda is a skilled hand-to-hand combatant and can hold her own surprisingly well in a physical fight. Her fighting prowess often takes her opponents off-guard, since they mistakenly assume that she is helpless if her spell-casting ability is neutralized. Wanda has been trained in hand-to-hand combat by numerous Acolyte/Brotherhood members and Avengers members such as Captain America.
- Expert Tactician: Wanda is an accomplished strategist. She has been widely considered one of the greater tacticians on the planet both on and off the battlefield. Between her ability to quickly calculate the probability of certain outcomes and experience as a co-leader for the Brotherhood of Mutants and experience as an Avenger, Wanda has gained these great tactical abilities. She is able to formulate various battle strategies and her brilliant tactical sense allows her to just as quickly alter any strategy of plan to fit the need of the situation at hand. Also, Wanda has made a habit out of constantly studying her surroundings and deciding what she can and cannot do in whatever situation she should fall in.
Scarlet Witch possesses the strength of a normal human female who engages in intensive regular exercise. Through sorcery, she can increase her strength to unknown levels.
- Perception Range: Her range of hex-casting is limited by her line of sight. (She can't watch a live television broadcast and cause a hex-phenomenon to occur at its point of origin.)
- Physical Condition: Hexes have a degree of unreliability, which is further affected by her physical condition: when well rested, in good health, and mentally and emotionally alert, Scarlet Witch can cast numerous hex-spheres in rapid succession and attain desirable results for almost an hour.
- Overextension: Despite her enhanced precision, her hexes are not necessarily guaranteed to work, particularly if she had been straining herself or using her powers excessively. If overextended, her hexes can backfire, causing probability to work against her wishes or to undo previous hexes.
- Impossibility: Despite all her efforts, she can not make an event that has zero percent chance of occurring happen.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Wanda and her twin, Petrus, were artificially made in a lab. For Wanda, they used the DNA of Erik Lehnsherr and Amelia Kinross. For the full explanation refer to this note under the Lehnsherr Branch of the Family Tree
- Wanda's Acolyte look as Shuvani was inspired by Wanda's earlier appearances with the Avengers when she wore pink and had black hair to differentiate her from her teammate Wasp who wore red and had Auburn hair at the time. The revealing nature of the outfit references some of Wanda's other 616 outfits.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Wanda Lehnsherr (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Wanda Lehnsherr (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Wanda Lehnsherr (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References