In the late 1800’s, Naoki was still in his mother’s womb when his diabolical father, Master Sikaryu, mystically bonded him at the molecular level with ectoplasm in an insane experiment to create the ultimate assassin. During labor, Naoki’s mother died, but he survived. Sikaryu, or Seeker as he preferred to be called, unfazed, raised his son strictly and trained him in the ways of ninjutsu early in his toddler years. Training him to be as ruthless as possible, he achieved the rank of hachikyu by the age of 14.
It was around this time that Naoki, as predicted by Seeker, began to exhibit superhuman abilities, becoming stronger, faster, and more powerful than any normal human, and beginning to disappear periodically. Seeker knew the time had come, that he now had his perfect assassin. He continued to train Naoki, not only in his ninjutsu skills but with controlling and developing his powers, helping Naoki learn that he could become invisible to all the senses, become intangible, project and manipulate invisible ectoplasmic energy, fly, seeing invisible, camouflaged, or concealed beings or objects, possess others, etc. By the time Naoki was 21, he was Seeker’s top student and chosen to be his field captain.
Seeker sent Naoki a few weeks later on his first mission: to assassinate a rival clan’s leader. Easily incapacitating all the leader’s students, he was determined to kill the leader before his young daughter caught his eye, and begging Naoki to not kill her father. Naoki quickly realized that what he was doing was extremely wrong and returned to his dojo. Confronting his father, Naoki told Seeker that he would leave the clan and never return. Seeker, however, was determined to not let that happen. Telling all of his other students to stay out of his plan, Seeker challenged Naoki to a battle. At twilight, the master and the pupil fought against one another, Seeker overwhelming Naoki with his fighting prowess. In the middle of the battle, however, Naoki phased through a wall and escaped, leaving Seeker enraged, but, at the same time, secretly proud.
Leaving Japan, Naoki began a worldwide excursion, helping others where he could and practicing and fully mastering his ever-growing powers and ninjutsu skills. He continued this for many decades, staying physically fit due to his paranormal physiology. It was during an excursion in Costa Rica that Naoki met a beautiful woman by the name of Vanessa DeCosta who was an expert in occult. Instantly falling in love with each other, Naoki took the name of Nick. After several months together, Nick proposed to Vanessa after revealing his ghostly powers. She gladly accepted and they were married, with Nick fully changing his legal name to Nick DeCosta.
They spent their honeymoon in Transylvania, where they studied apparitions, and even fought Dracula. They later traveled to the Highlands of Scotland when they had heard tales of mysterious disappearances. The couple eventually found out the cause: an English phantom called the Banisher was banishing innocent people to the afterlife. As Nick and Vanessa fought the ghostly fiend, the Banisher banished Vanessa into the afterlife, devastating Nick and angrily beating the spirit to near destruction. The Banisher escaped, however, and Nick was left without a way to bring Vanessa back.
To be continued...
- Seeker: Father and archnemesis of Stryker, Seeker is the leader of the Sikaryu ninja clan and the supervillainous Negaknights. Experimenting with supernatural ectoplasmic energy, Seeker both implanted energy into his wife’s womb, and gauged out his left eye and replaced it with ectoplasmic energy, enabling him to see all that is invisible to the human world, but leaving him blind in that eye.
- The Banisher:
- The Soul-Slasher:
- Professor Poltergeist:
Powers and Abilities
Stryker is a Maximum-level mutant who possesses all invisibility and ghost-based powers. He obtained his powers from being mystically bonded with ectoplasmic energy while in the womb of his mother by his father Seeker, making him a half-human, half-ghost mutant and granting him all of the attributes of a ghost.
- Paranormal Physiology: As a half-human/half-ghost mutant, Stryker possesses the physiological attributes and powers of ghosts and spirits. He possesses paranormal strength, stamina, durability, endurance, resistance, speed, agility, and reflexes, enabling him to lift up to 25 tons under standard conditions, exert himself at peak capacity for indefinite amounts of time, withstand impacts, diseases, and temperature extremes that would easily kill normal humans, run at speeds of up to 250 miles per hour for short periods of time, and dodge and counter attacks with relative ease.
- Invisibility: Stryker’s main and most powerful power is the superhuman ability to become invisible at will. He achieves this feat through several ways. One way is by bending all or any wavelengths of light in the vicinity around him. He seems able to do this without causing any visible distortion effects, although he could if he wished to do so. He also somehow seems to be able to direct enough undistorted light to his eyes to retain his full range of vision while invisible. This way enables him to take complete control over the degree of invisibility he becomes. Another way is by blending in with his environment by changing the color of his skin pigmentation, clothes, etc, with that of the surrounding environment, like a chameleon. He is able to become wholly or partially invisible at will, making any part of himself visible while other parts invisible. He is so precise, he is able to make layers of himself (skin, muscle, bone, organs) invisible, while retaining visibility to other parts, grossing or scaring opponents into thinking he is a member of the undead. There appears to be no limit to how long he can stay invisible. Unlike other invisible-based heroes and villains in history, Stryker is able to become invisible to any form of sense, detection, or perception, even from those as powerful as the Poacher’s. However, he can be detected easily by the "blind" eye of his father, Seeker.
- Sensory Invisibility: Stryker is able to make himself invisible to all or any form of senses of any being or object imaginable. He is able to selectively choose which senses can sense, detect, or perceive him and which ones cannot, or become invisible to all senses, detection, or perception. He is also able to become invisible to any form of mental, thermal, electronic, radar, and even cosmic perception at will. He can also become completely undetectable at any wavelength of light at any part of the electromagnetic spectrum. The only being that has proven able to see, perceive, and detect him under any form of invisibility is Seeker.
- Silence: Stryker is able to become invisible to any form of hearing. He does this by muting the sound waves around him. He is able to store sound waves in his ears so that he is able to still hear.
- Odor Invisibility: Stryker possesses the ability to become completely devoid of scent and odorless at will by clogging the pores that produce the scents, chemicals, pheromones, and odors in the human body.
- Invisibility - Others: Stryker is also able to make any other objects or beings partially or wholly invisible as well. There appears to be no limit to the amounts of things he can turn invisible at will simultaneously, and has turned the entire Earth invisible once. He can consciously keep a living being or an object invisible as long as he wishes or “lock” it in an invisible state.
- Invisibility Detection: Stryker possesses the ability to see, detect, and perceive any invisible, camouflaged, or unseen being or object within his vicinity. This vision grants him the ability to see virtually anything that may be concealed by technology, magic, or telepathy, as well as ghosts, apparitions, poltergeists, phantoms, astral forms, and spirits at will. His invisibility detection also grants him amazing night vision that enables him to see in total darkness. He is also able to see through virtually any illusion, no matter what the origin of the illusion comes from or how powerful it is. He can also willingly deactivate this power by a simple thought.
- Visibility: Stryker is able to make other invisible beings or objects visible to others at will, even astral forms or spirits, by straightening the wavelengths of light around them. He make them visible even if they are camouflaged by technology, magic, or telepathy, he can still see and make them visible. So skilled is he, Stryker can focus his visibility as a “spotlight” visible to anyone he chooses in any direction and reveal any "unseen" objects, such as a hidden safe or door behind a wall. He can show the true nature of any mental, holographic, or mystical illusions being projected by a source, dissipating them when truly seen.
- X-ray Vision: An interesting power he possesses is his x-ray vision, which enables him to see through virtually any object, except for lead. He can see things behind a wall as if the wall were not there, or can "peel back" layer after layer of matter mentally in his mind, literally seeing "through" them -- possibly perceiving x-rays, cosmic rays or other forms of energy invisible to normal human vision which pass through Earth's atmosphere (and solid objects) after emission from stars.
- Soul Sight: Stryker possesses the extrasensory ability to see the soul and spirit of any living being to learn whether or not they are good or bad.
- Intangibility: Stryker possesses the superhuman ability to alter his density at will in order to become intangible, enabling him to slide through the molecules of any solid object by passing his atoms through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which he is moving. In this way he and the object through which he is passing can merge without interacting, and each is unharmed when Stryker has finished passing through the object. Stryker can also selectively make parts of his body intangible or solidify them. For example, he can keep his arm solid while making the rest of his body intangible or vice-versa. When Stryker is intangible, he is, for all intents and purposes, intangible. Hence, when attacked, he can shift into his “intangible" state (even if he is not at the time passing through an object) so as to allow oncoming projectiles or energy blasts to pass through him harmlessly. While intangible Stryker is still vulnerable to mental and mystical attacks, however. Stryker passes through objects at the same rate of speed at which he is moving before he "enters" it. Stryker can phase through any object, even living people. He has trained himself to go automatically, by reflex, into his intangible state at any indication of danger, such as a loud noise like a gunshot, in order to protect himself. He can extend his intangibility to any other living beings or objects within his vicinity, causing them to become intangible without harm to them. He is also able to be invisible and intangible at the same time, due to them both working in similar ways.
- Flight: Using his intangibility, Stryker can float. By expelling excess molecules in a single direction behind him, Stryker can cause himself to be propelled forward. When he travels faster than 5 miles per hour, the expenditure of molecular energy causes him to give off so much light that he appears to be an ethereal glowing sphere. Stryker can fly at a maximum speed of 300 miles per hour, and because he is intangible while flying, he is not deterred by solid obstacles. It is not known how many molecules are needed to accelerate him at his maximum speed, whether he can replenish "shed" molecules, or if there is a limit to how many he can expel before doing himself injury. When touching other living beings or objects, he can make them intangible and weightless, thus enabling them to fly with him.
- Possession: Utilizing his intangibility power, Stryker can take possession of any living being from within by phasing completely into the person's body, allowing him to completely control that person's actions. The victim has no memory of what he or she did while possessed, but usually feel a slight dizziness and disorientation.
- Physical Disruption: Stryker can use his density control offensively be attaining minimum density (intangibility), passing a portion or all of his body within another living being, and ever so slightly increasing his density (tangibility). Even increasing his density to one half ounce (14.25 grams) is sufficient to cause the organism he passes through excruciating pain, a shock to the nervous system, and unconsciousness. Were he to become any more dense than one half ounce the shock would probably kill the other organism if the organic damage was not extensive enough to kill the other organism if the organic damage was not extensive enough to kill the other organism in itself. Accordingly, Stryker employs this power with extreme caution.
- Electrical System Disruption: When Stryker phases through an object with an electrical system, the process disrupts the system's workings, causing it to malfunction, overload, and even explode.
- Hypnosis: By creating a short, highly accelerated oscillation of the energy states in the molecules of his body, he can cause a dazzling light that gives him various degrees of hypnotic control over those who witness it, depending upon the person's susceptibility.
- Telepathic Resistance: His thoughts are highly erratic when phased as if there was no mind to telepathically affect.
- Lygokinesis (Invisible Ectoplasm): Stryker possesses the superhuman ability to generate invisible ectoplasmic energy at will and control it to his whim.
- Invisible Energy Constructs: Stryker possesses the ability to mold and morph his invisible ectoplasmic energy into any form imaginable. He possesses complete control over the size, shape, texture, strength, and density of his energy constructs. He can generate solid force constructs as small as an atom or as large as 100 miles in diameter, and his hollow projections such as domes can extend up to several hundred thousand miles in area. There appears to be an unlimited amount of invisible, ectoplasmic energy at his disposal.
- Ectoplasmic Energy Blasts: Stryker is able to project ectoplasmic energy in the form of powerful blasts and rays. These blasts are extremely powerful and able to harm spiritual beings.
- Invisible Energy Weapons: This invisible energy is mainly used by Stryker as offensive weapons, such as swords, bullets, darts, missiles, arrows, etc, after which, by generating force behind such constructs, he is able to propel them at hypersonic speed.
- Invisible Barriers, Obstacles, and Force Fields: Stryker is able to mold and morph his invisible ectoplasmic energy into any form of barrier or obstacle, including domes, walls, etc. He can generate near-indestructible invisible force fields around himself or other targets. He is able to vary the texture and tensile strength of his field to full extant, rendering it highly rigid or as soft and yielding as foam; softer variations on the field enable him to cushion impacts more gently. By forming one of his force fields within an object and expanding the field, Stryker can cause his target to explode. He is capable of generating and manipulating multiple invisible force fields simultaneously.
- Levitation: Stryker can also travel atop levitating discs of invisible ectoplasmic energy discs, or walking on animated constructs such as ramps, stairs, slides, columns, and stepping discs.
- Communication with Members of the Afterlife: Stryker possesses the telepathic ability to communicate with any members of the afterlife, including ghosts, spirits, apparitions, phantoms, poltergeists, zombies, etc. Stryker can summon them to his current location, contact them, mentally witness their past lives, and telepathically control them to do whatever he desires.
- Necroplasmic Manifestations: Stryker possesses the superhuman ability to summon necroplasmic residue left behind by the death of living beings and manifest them as ghost-like entities to do his bidding. Whether these are spirits of individuals or non-specific recombinations of spiritual remnants remains unclear. The psychic manifestations he summons are transparent and float about like traditional ghosts, as well as possess the ability to become tangible or intangible upon will.
- Spectral Manipulation: Stryker possesses the paranormal ability to change the shape of his body into intangible holes and shapes at will, granting him limited shape-changing abilities as a great defense against impacts and injury.
- Self-Duplication: Stryker possesses the paranormal to self-duplicate himself at will, making up to four copies of his own self. Each of these copies possesses only a quarter of the original’s power, therefore making them considerably weaker alone, but extremely formidable working together as a team.
- Banshee Wail: After an encounter with the Banisher, Stryker gained the superhuman ability to project powerful sonic vibrations with his voice, capable of shattering solid objects, propel himself through the air, act as a type of sonar, disorient others, subtly influence another living being's subconscious by changing the tones and vibrations of his voice, and knock someone unconscious.
- Astral Projection: Stryker possesses the mental ability to separate his astral self-the sheath of the soul, or life essence-from his physical self, and in this form traverse through space and even time unbounded by physical laws but fully retaining human consciousness. His astral form is invisible, intangible, and incapable of being harmed except by the most rigorous of mental or mystical means. He can utilize his other powers while in astral form as well, including even becoming solid for a limited time.
- Astral Projection Possession: Stryker is able to possess others while in the astral plane.
- Astral Plane Alteration: Stryker is able to shape and manipulate the astral plane to his whim, something usually only the most powerful telepaths are able to achieve.
- Astral Form Imprisonment: Stryker is able to summon the astral form from other living beings and imprison their souls on the astral plane, though he only utilizes this under extreme circumstances.
- Afterlife Travel: Stryker possesses the paranormal ability to physically traverse the afterlife without being dead. He usually does this to fight evil members of the undead, such as rogue poltergeists or phantoms. He will also travel to the afterlife in order to meet with members of the afterlife who require his assistance.
- Extended Lifespan: Stryker, due to being a part-human, part-ghost mutant, possesses a decelerated aging process, and does not age anywhere near as fast as a normal human being. He has been predicted to be able to live for more than 2 more centuries before finally traversing to the afterlife permanently.
Naoki is a master of all forms of ninjutsu, including all eighteen disciplines:
- Seishin-teki kyōyō: Spiritual refinement
- Taijutsu: Unarmed combat, using one's body as the only weapon
- Kenjutsu: Sword fighting
- Bōjutsu: Stick and staff fighting
- Shurikenjutsu: Throwing shuriken
- Sōjutsu: Spear fighting
- Naginatajutsu: Naginata fighting
- Kusarigamajutsu: Kusarigama fighting
- Kayakujutsu: Pyrotechnics and explosives
- Hensōjutsu: Disguise and impersonation
- Shinobi-iri: Stealth and entering methods
- Bajutsu: Horsemanship
- Sui-ren: Water training
- Bōryaku: Military strategy
- Chōhō: Espionage
- Intonjutsu: Escaping and concealment
- Tenmon: Meteorology
- Chi-mon: Geography
He is a master pirate and thief, highly skilled in plundering, boating, sailing, swordfighting, and other pirate-related skills.
He is also an expert on the occult, paranormal, and the supernatural.
Stryker's paranormal physiology grants him phenomenal strength, enabling him to lift (press) up to 30 tons under optimal conditions.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References