Powers and Abilities
- Energokinesis: Cyclops has the abiliy to psionically tap and manipulate numerous types of energy for various effects within himself and within the biological order of his environment. He can move, alter, or stop certain energy in him, objects, beings, or space. He can convert one type of energy into another, store it within his body, and release it upon command. He can create objects from pure energy and project it out in other forms.
- Energy Absorption: Scott is able to absorb ambient energy (esp. radiant, electric, magnetic, thermal, and luminous energies) from his environment such as sunlight and electricity and store it within his cells. The nature of his powers makes it difficult to damage him with energy-based attacks, while also enabling him to work well with many energy-using teammates. Scott can also store absorbed energy within his personal reserves, whereupon the energy increases his strength and recuperative abilities, as well as affording him a measure of invulnerability. However, some energy types are more difficult to absorb than others (chemical, nuclear, elastic, sound, and mechanical energy). As a result, his body will be able to siphon off some of the energy but he will still be impacted by such attacks. Cyclops can absorb too much energy at one point and be forced to expel it before it kills him. He also has the ability to instinctivly know the amount of energy he has stored and how much more he can absorb before he reaches his limit.
- Energy Self-Sustenance: Scott is capable of full bodily functions without breathing, eating, or sleeping as long as he has energy stored within his cells that will compensate for the lack of the noted functions. He can live solely off his energy reserves even in supremely hostile conditions. Once Scott depletes all the energy in his reserves, Scott must begin breathing, eating, and sleeping again to survive.
- Super Strength: When Scott has his average amount of energy stored within him (approx. reserves at 50% from regular absorption of average ambient energy in his surroundings), his strength is increased enabling him to lift(press) 20 tons. The extent of his strength can also increase further if he is exposed to more intense energies since his strength as it constantly increases based off of the stored energy in his body.
- Superhuman Durability: When Cyclops has absorbed energy his invulnerability increases into the super human levels. He has been able to shrug off hits from super powered beings
- Superhuman Stamina: The absorbed energy that Cyclops takes in gives him an undetermined amount of increased stamina
- Superhuman Speed: The absorbed energy that Cyclops takes in gives him an undetermined amount of increased speed
- Superhuman Recuperation: Scott can use his energy reserves to increase his body's natural healing processes to a point where he can heal a wound in a matter of hours that would take an ordinary human days to recover from. This ability also allows Scott to survive some wounds that would normally kill someone.
- Energy Re-Channeling: He can then re-channel this energy through his body. Through experience, Cyclops will learn to use the metabolized energy that he has stored for a variety of effects other than opening the dimensional apertures in his eyes. These effects include: using the energy to fly, deactivate and channel his energy blasts through any part of his body besides his eyes, survive in space, and super-strength. Also, the rechanneled energy is apparently able to damage beings normally immune to their own powers.
- Optic Blast: Originally, Scott metabolized any energy he absorbed in order to produce an exotic form of ruby-colored energy as heat-less blasts of concussive force. His special energy that he metabolizes are particles that resemble photons, yet they interact with this universe's particles by transferring kinetic energy in the form of gravitons (the particle of gravitation). These particles generate great, directional concussive force when they interact with the objects of this universe. Cyclops is able to absorb these unique particles that he produces. Thus, his body is protected from the effects of the particles, and even the thin membrane of his eyelids is sufficient to block the emission of energy. The synthetic ruby quartz crystal used to fashion the lenses of Cyclops's eyeglasses, contacts, and visor are also able to contain his special energy as well. In addition varying the beam width, height, and intensity, Cyclops has demonstrated a high degree of skill and accuracy in manipulating his optic blast. Cyclops is able to reflect the beam off hard and shiny surfaces. This feat also demonstrates his intuitive sense of spatial geometry between objects. The reflective qualities of the beams allows him to bounce the beam off many different surfaces in rapid succession. The effective range of his optic beam is approximately 2,000 ft.The only limit to the eye-blast is the mental fatigue of focusing constantly. After about an hour of constant usage, Cyclops' average energy reserves would be depleted, allowing him only to leak some optic blasts that are powered straight from the ambient energy in his surroundings. Cyclops's metabolism will recover sufficiently for him to continue in about an additional 15 minutes. The maximum force of Cyclops' optic blasts is unknown, but a commonly given description is that they can "punch holes through mountains".
- Energy Laced Optic Blasts: Scott can release various forms of energy that he has absorbed along with his optic blasts. For example, he could release electric optic blasts, gamma irradiated optic blasts, or optic blasts heated with thermal energy.
- Variable Energy Blasts: Scott can redirect light, heat, electricity, etc. in the form of powerful blasts. He generated these blasts from his hands as well as his eyes.
- Flight: ability to fly by encasing his body in energy and using it to propel himself thorough the air. Scott has also refined this ability to be able to hover in the air without leaving an energy trail, and can reach speeds of up to 150 mph maximum without over exerting himself.
- Solid Energy Constructs/Simulated Telekinesis: Scott could solidify his energy into force-fields and other shapes. The effect of his energy constructs could be used to simulate a form of telekinesis by lifting and moving objects.
- Energy Detection: Scott is capable of detecting energy signatures from great distances. This included other people's energy signature and ships that use energy as a power supply. He is also able to detect and differentiate between any form of energy. Scott can alter his own perceptions to “see” any form of energy. For example, Scott can grant himself infrared vision, allowing him to see others in the dark.
- Hyperkinetic: Scott's mind's imaging systems and muscle control are perfectly in tune with the motor skills center of the brain. Therefore, he possesses flawless aim, perfect balance, and greatly enhanced motor skills. This power also aids Scott during hand-to-hand combat and piloting crafts.
- Spatial Awareness: Cyclops seems to possess an uncanny sense of trigonometry, in this sense used to describe his observation of objects around himself and the angles found between surfaces of these objects. Cyclops has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to cause his optic blasts to ricochet and/or reflect off those objects in a trajectory to his liking. This is commonly called a "banked shot" when applied to this talent. Cyclops has been observed causing beams to reflect from over a dozen surfaces in the course of one blast, and still hit his intended target accurately. With his greater awareness, Scott has an immediate and hightened awareness of his surroundings including the exact positions of various people (including people using various means of stealth) and objects, as well as the ability to immediately recognize those people and objects.
- Super Accuracy
- Master Strategist and Tactician: Cyclops has spent most of his superhero career as the leader of the X-Men and has developed exceptional leadership skills as a result. It is notable that regardless of their general attitude towards him, all of the X-Men tend to obey his orders in battle - because they know that he's usually right. Also, Scott's leadership skills are at their best in tense situations. It has also been noted that the less time Scott has to make a decision, the better his decisions tend to be.
- Master Martial Artist: Cyclops has undergone extreme physical training since his teens at the Xavier Institute. He engages in intensive regular exercise, thus being able to lift at least his own body weight, and is exceptionally athletic. Cyclops also has extensive training in martial arts and unarmed combat, holding black belts in judo and aikido. His level of skill is sufficient to defeat six normal men with his eyes closed. His enhanced spacial awareness improves Cyclops' ability to perform displays of athleticism while accurately firing his optic blast.
- Expert Pilot: Cyclops is an expert pilot of fixed-wing aircraft, a skill he appears to have developed in his father's footsteps. His trigonometric sense also improves his abilities in the air.
Normal human male who engages in intensive regular exercise. Normally, Scott can lift about 220 lbs; however with energy, Scott's strength increases, allowing him to lift about 20 tons.
- Power Regulation Disability: Due to psychological trauma and physical injury at a young age Cyclops is unable to control his optic blasts. In connection his eyes have become more reliant on the ruby quartz he uses rather then affecting change to the injury.
- Energies Harder to Metabolize: some energy types are more difficult to absorb than others (chemical, nuclear, elastic, sound, and mechanical energy). As a result, his body will be able to siphon off some of the energy but he will still be impacted by such attacks.
- Energy Capacity: Cyclops can absorb too much energy at one point and be forced to expel it before it kills him.
- Ruby Quartz Visor: Scott's visor allows him to contain and regulate his optic blasts. It can be securely fastened to his head, and easily opened and closed for him to filter out the correct amount of energy he required. Although Cyclops has currently never mastered his own mutant power, he has mastered the use of his visor. It has become a distinctive icon for his appearance. Cyclops continues to keep the visor with him at all times. The visor is more manageable in battle, and provides him the security and comfort of having a stable source of ruby quartz instead of glasses which could potentially fall off at any moment.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Scott is the Nexus version of Scott Summers (Earth-616)
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Scott Sommer (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Scott Sommer (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Scott Sommer (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References