Once Amelia's son David began to develop his mutant abilities as well as lose his mental stability, Amelia became very stressed. After being unable to find any scientific advancements to aid him, Amelia turned to her Presbyterian faith. Reverend Craig began to take advantage of Amelia during her period of crisis. This resulted into a brief affair, which led to the conception of Rhona. Following Rhona's birth, Amelia believed she couldn't properly raise her due to her constant care of David and the threat David posed. Therefore, Amelia had Reverend Craig Sinclair take Rhona. Reverend Craig, wishing not to tarnish his image in the eyes of his congregation, attempted to cover up the affair by telling others that Rhona was an orphan that he adopted. Reverend Craig then raised Rhona with a very strong Presbyterian faith. Even though Amelia couldn't raise Rhona 24/7, she made sure to remain a constant presence in Rhona's life, providing her with some motherly care. Amelia also provided Rhona with some scientific background so that Rhona wasn't completely blinded by her faith. Therefore, Rhona is able to balance her faith with scientific knowledge.
Powers and Abilities
- Lycanthropy: Much like the werewolves of folklore, Rhona can transform into a wolf. However, she is not a true, supernatural werewolf, and therefore is not restricted to the limitations of a creature of the night. She can transform into either a wolf or a transitional wolf-human by will, without any effect of the full moon or silver items. She can also retain full memory of herself, and therefore has her human consciousness while in her wolf and transitional forms. As a wolf Rhona experiences all the heightened animal senses of a wolf such as hearing, sight & smell. However, it is in her transitional hybrid form that she experiences greater changes. She is essentially a human being covered with a thin layer of fur all over her body, sharp teeth and claws. She is able to stand erect on her legs and retain the use of her hands, but is also able to run & maneuver on all fours like a wolf. In this transitional form she experiences enhanced abilities such as:
- Enhanced Size: Proportionately greater in size than that of her human form, her hybrid wolf-human bones and muscles make Wolfsbane taller & stronger.
- Enhanced Strength: Greater strength than that of a normal female adult human, due to her enhanced muscular build. While in her intermediate form, he is able to lift about 2,000 lbs. Her strength also extends into the muscles of hr legs, allowing him to leap, from a crouch, roughly 18 feet into the air.
- Enhanced Speed: Enhanced muscles are swift as a wolf but to the proportional size of a human. Wolfsbane is capable of moving and running faster than the finest athlete while in her wolf form.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Her muscles and skeleton are also extremely flexible, giving her the agility of an animal. She possesses reflexes enhanced beyond that of the average human, roughly twice as fast as those of the finest human athlete.
- Enhanced Stanima/Durability: Wolfsbane's muscles produce far less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the muscles of an average human. She can exert herself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue impairs her. Combined with her regenerative healing ability it allows for Wolfsbane to be more durable in battle, thus allowing her to sustain more damage than the average.
- Enhanced Agility: Wolfsbane's natural agility, balance, and coordination are enhanced to increased levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Hyperkeen Senses: She possesses super-humanly acute senses of sight, smell, taste and hearing comparable to, though incredibly stronger than, those of some animals such as dogs, cats and wolves. Also combined with human intelligence, her senses are heightened further than that of a regular wolf. She can perceive infra-red/heat, ultra-violet, heat, pheromones & emotions such as fear or lust). For example, she can see part of the infrared spectrum and thus detect the heat signatures of objects or people in total darkness. She can smell other living creatures within 100 feet (when upwind) and follow a scent over nearly any terrain. And, she can hear the sound of a heartbeat in a cave at a distance of 30 feet.
- Razor-Edged Canines & Sharp Claws: Wolfsbane possesses claws at the tip of each finger. These claws are capable of cutting most conventional materials including flesh, bone, wood, stone, and some types of metals. She also has elongated canine teeth that she can use to rend flesh or even break through bone in combat situations.
- Tail: In wolf form, Wolfsbane tail provides greater balance allowing for more precise athletic movement. It's not even seen or extracted.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Wolfsbane is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed areas of his body with much greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. Injuries that result in massive tissue damage such as bullet wounds, slashes, punctures, blunt force trauma, and severe burns heal completely, without so much as a scar, in a short amount of time. Her ability to heal is at least 10 times that of a human.
- Wolfsbane is a formidable hand to hand combatant, trained in self defense in combat training by none other than the likes of Cable, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Havoc. A fearsome opponent she has held her own against the likes of Wolverine, Sabertooth and Feral many times over.
- She is also an excellent tracker and hunter due to her enhanced senses with her mutant talents.
- Rhona learned and apprenticed with her mother, gaining large amount of valuable knowledge. Rhona became skilled at Advanced First-Aid and Emergency Medical Training.
- Wolfsbane is able to determine if someone is lying by judging the person's emotional state. She simply observes the changes in their heat patterns and the scents they give off.
- Wolfsbane enhanced sight grants her the ability to see ultraviolet and infrared portions of the electromagnetic spectrum; thus allowing her to perceive objects or people in patterns of heat. She is also able to see is absolute darkness.
In human form Wolfsbane possesses the normal human strength of a girl of her age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. In her lupine and transitional forms her strength is heightened beyond average, Wolfsbane possesses superhuman strength enabling her to lift about 1 ton, though in her "absolute form her strength levels have yet to be measured.
- She does not possess a wolf's instincts, and therefore must learn how to use her lupine abilities.
- When she is in lupine form, since she then has a wolf's vocal organs, she cannot speak; however, she can speak in her transitional form.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Rhona Sinclair (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Rhona Sinclair (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Rhona Sinclair (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References