Powers and Abilities
- Omnimorph: Mystique has vast shape shifting abilities that stem from complete control of her molecular structure. She is able to take on any shape she pleases, often taking the human guise of Raven Darkholme. She can form shapes of objects or organisms alive, extinct, or imagined. She can also change her color, stretch, contract, extort, compress, and expand her body. Her shape shifting abilities extend beyond even that allowing herself to change her chemical composition.
- Metamorph: She can cause herself to look and sound like an exact duplicate of any human, humanoid, or semi-humanoid being of either sex, wearing virtually any kind of clothing. Her control is so exact that she can precisely duplicate another persons retina pattern in her own eyes, finger, palm and skin-pore patterns on her own hands and skin, and vocal cords to match voices to the point of corresponding voice-prints.
- Physical Mutations: Mystique has demonstrated the ability to alter her form so that she can take on physical mutations such as growing wings, extra limbs, claws, etc.
- Metamorphic Adaptation: Mystique has shown the ability to adapt her body depending on her situation at the time. She was able to adapt her body in order to camouflage according to her surroundings, shift her organs into her lower extremities, heal from numerous bullet wounds in at least a few minutes, and mimic the textures of metals. She also clearly stated that she is always naked and she merely makes her skin look and feel like other materials to fool others.
- High Resistance: Due to Mystique's genetic make-up, she is extremely durable and resistant to physical damage. She is much more susceptible to energy based attacks.
- Amorphous Recovery: The flexible molecules that comprise Mystique's body are able to split and fuse back together, allowing her to survive injuries such as dismemberment. However, this process takes time and becomes more arduous when Mystique is recovering from a burn wound or damage imposed by radiation.
- Scentless: The substance that makes up her physical composition is odorless and emits no scent, making it impossible to track her.
- Plasticity: Mystique can convert the mass of her entire body into a highly malleable state at will. Mystique can alter her form in a matter of seconds, often much less (depending on the complexity of the shape), and revert to her normal humanoid shape within a similar time. The greater the distance she stretches or the more extended the size of the object she becomes, the weaker her overall strength becomes. Mystique's transformation to a malleable state is reflexive and nearly instantaneous: if she was at her normal form and taken unaware by machine gun fire, her body would still absorb the bullets' impact through radical deformation. Mystique's skin is virtually impervious to laceration or punctures unless she willfully relaxes her reflexive control over small areas of her body. In that case, scalpels and ordinary needles can penetrate her skin.
- Dense Flesh: Due to the great malleability and elasticity of her molecular structure, Mystique is able to absorb the impact of any type of man-made ballistic projectile by deforming her body along the path of the projectile's trajectory at the point of initial impact.
- Contain Explosions: Mystique may use her elastic form to contain explosions by enveloping them and allowing their force to expand her. She can enclose and absorb the energy of a large explosive, on the order of 8 to 12 pounds of TNT (excluding exotic, high density explosives). Such shocks to her system are physically exhausting.
- Redirect Projectiles: After her body absorbs the kinetic energy of a ballistic projectile's impact, Mystique can expel the object back along its trajectory by flexing her body like a trampoline if she is adequately braced.
- Elongation: Mystique can extend her limbs, torso, or neck to great distances: the maximum length she can distend before her body segments become painful is about 1,500 feet. (Although she can extend discrete body parts, such as a single finger, an ear, or an eye, she seldom if ever isolates such parts in his elongations.)
- Grappling: Mystique may restrain opponents very efficiently by using her elastic form to entangle them.
- Movement: Mystique can move at great speeds by stretching to her destination.
- Canopy, Parachute or Sheath: Mystique can extend her body in two directions, creating a canopy, parachute, or sheath, its thickness determined by the extent of its distention.
- Gliding: Mystique can transform herself into aerodynamic shapes such as parachutes or hang-gliders. In this form she can support an additional 1000 pounds.
- Cushion: Mystique may form her elastic form into a trampoline and other cushion-like objects, allowing her to safely catch falling people and objects.
- Sling Shot: Mystique may use her elastic form as a slingshot to hurl objects with great force.
- Geometric Shapes: Mystique can compress her body into the shape of a solid sphere, a cylinder, a cube, a toroid, and a rectangular prism. She can assume the shape of any solid that she can envision clearly, of a volume no greater than 1.7 cubic feet.
- Fist Weapons: Mystique may form her fists into large hammers, maces, etc, which improve her physical effectiveness in hand-to-hand combat.
- Bouncing Ball: Mystique can transform herself into any of a number of resilient shapes, such as balls or springs that allow her to leap or bounce great distances.
- Two-Dimensionality: Mystique can flatten herself to the thickness of an average sheet of typing paper (.0035 inch) or narrow herself to a diameter small enough to pass through the eye of a #10 beading needle (about .045 x .06 inches).
- Semi-Solid Liquid State: Mystique can willfully reduce her body into an almost liquid state in order to flow out of small cracks or passages, even through needle-sized holes.
- Infiltration: Mystique can lower her body’s cohesion to such an extent that she can actually flow through minute openings.
- Size Reduction: Mystique can reduce herself in size, roughly 1/2 inch in height. She usually chooses not to retain her standard density while at this reduced mass, but can choose to do so at will.
- Size Addition: Mystique can grow significantly in size as well. The growth process requires the rapid acquisition of bodily mass, presumably from an extradimensional source. This extradimensional mass fortifies all of her cellular tissue, including her bones and muscles, enabling her to support her increased weight, and giving her superhuman strength. Mystique can increase her size to a maximum of about 120 feet in height.
- Enhance Physical Attributes: She has the ability to enhance her strength, speed, agility, reflexes, and senses.
- Accelerated Healing: Mystique's nature allows her to repair and regenerate herself from minor to near death injuries in a short span of time, much faster than an ordinary human.
- Toxin & Disease Resistance: She is also able to develop resistance and immunities to toxins and diseases.
- Retarded Aging: Her metamorphic powers have retarded the degenerative effects of her aging process. She is either close to or over one hundred years old.
- Brain Impressions: Her shape-shifting abilities also allow her to replicate others' psi-patterns that even first-class telepaths won't notice at first glance.
- Expert Combatant: Mystique is a highly skilled combatant in various martial arts.
- Trained Actress
- Expert Marksman
- Tech Savy: She is adept at information technology. She has a talent for finding, stealing, and understanding cutting edge weaponry.
- Polyglot: Mystique has stated that she knows at least eleven languages; besides her presumably native German and English, she has demonstrated fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Czech.
- Covert Operative: She is a strategist in terrorist and commando operations.
- Imitation Recognition: With over a century's experience in posing as other people she has picked up the uncanny skill of being able to identify people posing as others based on body language and changes in behavioral cues
Raven has the normal human strength of a woman of her physical age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. Otherwise, her strength varies depending on the shape or form she takes. Her upper limits currently appear to be approximately 10 tons.
- Physical Limitation: Originally, Mystique's powers were limited to appearances only; as she could not assume the powers of the people she morphed into or alter her body to adapt to different situations. Although Mystique’s powers have advanced after decades of training, Mystique could never duplicate the powers of other superhumans. She still cannot duplicate the powers of the person she imitates: for example, if she turns herself into a duplicate of Nightcrawler, she does not gain the ability to teleport. However, she can use her powers to mimic the physical powers of others; such as assuming the form of Sabretooth, and then using her powers to enhance her senses, strength, speed, agility, and of course naturally heal at an accelerated rate.
- Physical Condition: When well rested, in good health, and mentally and emotionally alert, Mystique can drastically alter her shape/size/form/etc in rapid succession and attain desirable results for almost an hour. Eventually, Mystique will begin to tire out, limiting the shapes she can take. However, taking forms of humans, humanoids, or semi-humanoids of similar height and build to Raven costs little to know energy from Mystique, allowing her to hold these forms for indefinite periods of time.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- She never wears clothing. Due to the nature of her powers she can simply create clothes from her skin, thus eliminating the need for regular clothing or those made from unstable molecules.
- Mystique cannot stand her natural appearance, and therefore never wants to look at her reflection in a mirror.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Raven Darkhölme (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Raven Darkhölme (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Raven Darkhölme (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References