Powers and Abilities
- Total Kinetic Control: At his full potential, he will be able to control all aspects of kinetic energy up to even the molecular level. This ability will allow him to fire energy blasts, defy gravity, heal wounds, charge objects within his line of sight without contact, charge organic matter, blow up objects by merely thinking about it, and effectively exist as energy. He can also manipulate the potency of the energy he releases. He has the power necessary to cause another being to be unable to move or unable to stop if in motion. He was able to cause or simulate various energies by manipulating the kinetic energy present, such as infrared and microwaves by increasing molecular agitation, or cold by reducing it.
- Molecular Acceleration: Rémy has the power to take the potential energy stored in an object and convert it to kinetic energy thus “charging” that item with explosive results. He prefers to charge smaller objects, such as his ever-present playing cards, as the time required to charge them is greatly reduced and they are much easier for him to throw. The only real limitation to this ability is the time required to charge the object. The larger it is the more time it takes. Most charging takes place through direct skin contact.
- Enhanced Agility: Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him superhuman agility and dexterity which gives him an added edge he has used to his advantage by developing a unique acrobatic fighting style.
- Static Interference: Ability to create static, because of the charged potential energy always in his body, that shields his mind from detection and intrusion by even the most powerful telepaths. The shield has the added effect of destabilizing touch based powers.
- Hypnotic Charm: Ability to "charge" the kinetic energy within a person's brain, allowing a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. More powerful minds have proven immune to Gambit's charm.
- Molecular Deceleration: ability to slow down the molecules of an object to the point where they stop moving completely, therefore 'freezing' the object. This power works on a molecular level by taking away kinetic energy from molecules ("slowing them down") to the point where they become motionless. Gambit is able to use this power through touch or hand gestures at objects that are a few yards away from him. He can only decelerate or immobilize an object as long as he is able to concentrate on it.
- Trilingual: he is fluent in English, French, and Cajun French.
- Expert Marksman: he is profound in throwing small objects such as cards, bolas, knives, and balls with great accuracy.
- Master Combatant: a profound fighter often employing martial arts, street fighting, and acrobatics. He is well adept in martial arts Savate, French kickboxing, and Bojutsu, the art of using a Bo staff.
Gambit is a mutant who possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intense regular exercise.
- Gambit has an unconscious mental block in place that prevents him from accelerating the molecules of living organisms.
Equipment: Gambit's guild costume is armored, providing better protection than a normal X-Men uniform.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: Gambit usually employs throwing spikes and playing cards. He also often uses a telescoping bo-staff.
- Rémy is the Nexus version of Remy LeBeau (Earth-616).
- Rémy's eyes have low concentrations of melanin, lower than in blue eyes, in the stroma of his iris, which lies in front of the dark epithelium. This feature is a result of a more normal, physical mutation, resulting in the violet color of his eyes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Rémy Lebeau (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Rémy Lebeau (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Rémy Lebeau (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References