Powers and Abilities
- Velocity Manipulation: Petrus has the ability to control any object's velocity, that is the magnitude and direction of an object's speed. In turn, he is able to manipulate physical phenomena that's vector quantity is determined by velocity such as Kinetic Energy (= ½ mv2), Momentum (= mv), Acceleration (= the derivative of velocity), and Force/Inertia (= ma). However, he has to calculate these mathematical quantities and then calculate the effect he intends to create; the more more complex the phenomena, the more difficult and time-consuming it will be to make the effect happen. He can manipulate velocity phenomena for a variety of effects:
- Enhanced Speed/Acceleration: By manipulating his personal velocity, he is able to propel his body at superhuman speed, becoming a living projectile. This facet was the original manifestation of his powers before he learned to affect the velocities of other objects through calculations. Without calculation and through a natural intuition he was able to enhance his speed. This ability is done through an act of concentration, Quicksilver can channel a portion of the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in his body’s molecules in a single direction. This can accelerate his body in a velocity in direct proportions to the amount of kinetic energy he has tapped. It is theoretically possible for him to reach 99% of the speed of light (186, 272 miles per second in a vacuum), although he never traveled at anywhere near that speed since if he did, he would wreak great damage upon his environment. Quicksilver can also move a portion of his body at superhuman speed at a time. He can run across bodies of water and up the sides of buildings.
- Speed Combat: He is able to fight at incredible speed, striking his opponent in rapid succession that may even kill opponents instantly. His attacks may cause more damage than normal due to gaining kinetic energy, and thus momentum, produced through the speed of each hit. If the speed is fast enough, it can distort space to bypass defenses.
- Fast-Hitting: He can hit up to a thousand times per minute.
- Infinite Mass Punch: Traveling near the speed of light acquired the relativistic mass of such speed to impart blows which could hit with a force greater than that of "a white dwarf star"
- Flight/Air Dash/Enhanced Jump: He has the ability to propel himself or any other person through the air by manipulating their velocities in the direction he wishes. When granting another, unprotected human being flight, Quicksilver does not move them faster than 60 miles per hour so that his "passenger" may be able to breathe easily and not suffer harm from wind, friction, or air turbulence.
- Speed Cancellation: By canceling an object's velocity, he can make an object freeze in space. He can negate and prevent users of Enhanced Speed or any other type of speed and it's variations from running, leaving them trapped where they are.
- Deflection By making the velocities of incoming attacks, normally projectiles or blunt force, "negative," He is capable of deflecting attacks away from himself.
- Absolute Constant Velocity/Enhanced Projectiles: He has the ability to make anything move at a constant speed regardless of any force that acts on it, allowing an object to pierce through anything else regardless of its relative speed. He can grant projectiles an infinite range and force.
- Simulated Telekinesis: Petrus can increase an object's speed in whichever direction he desires and keep directing it as he chooses. However unlike a true telekinetic, his manipulations appear less fluid since it is much easier for him to direct objects in straight paths.
- Crushing/Tearing: By directing the velocities of different parts of an object in different directions.
- Force Blast: He can direct the one's velocity quickly in a backwards direction
- Invisibility: He can redirect light around his body or other objects to make them appear invisible.
- Razor Wind: He is able to use air itself to slice objects, focusing a current of wind, or in some cases sound, to the point where it takes on a sharp edge which he can launches at his foes.
- Speed Physiology: Petrus' body is adapted towards the rigors of high-speed movement. His cardiovascular and respiratory systems are many times more efficient than those of a normal human being. He metabolizes an estimated 95% of the caloric energy content of foodstuffs (normal humans use about 25%). The chemical processes of Quicksilver's musculature are so highly enhanced that his body does not generate fatigue poisons, the normal by-products of locomotion, which force the body to rest. Rather, his body constantly expels waste products during his accelerated respiration through exhalation. His joints are smoother and lubricated more efficiently than those of a normal human being. His tendons have the tensile strength of spring steel. His bones contain unknown materials significantly more durable than calcium to withstand the dynamic shocks of his feet touching the ground at speeds a human could never achieve or withstand. Quicksilver's practical reaction time is several times faster than a normal human's and the speed at which his brain processes information is heightened to a level commensurate with his bodily speed, enabling him to perceive his surroundings while traveling at high velocities. Quicksilver's lachrymose is more viscous than normal, thus preventing rapid evaporation and replenishment of surface fluids on his eyeballs under the influence of high wind velocity to occlude his vision. Quicksilver is also immune to the effects of friction, reduced oxygen up to a point where a human can no longer breathe, and impact upon his body while moving at super-speeds.
- Superhuman Strength: Petrus possesses superhuman strength in his lower body as part of his body's adaptations for running. With his upper body he can lift (press) approximately 1000 pounds while his legs can press approximately 1 ton under optimal conditions.
- Enhanced Durability: He is capable of resisting tremendous impact forces that could easily crush and kill a human without suffering any serious external or internal injuries.
- Eye Protection: His enhanced durability extends to the outer layers of his eyes, allowing his eyes to remain unharmed by air resistance.
- Heightened Reflexes: He possesses reflexes far above the average human.
- Superhuman Agility: He possesses agility far above the average human.
- G-Force Compensation: He has the ability to use his super speed to automatically compensate for any G-Force difference.
- Accelerated Metabolism/Regeneration: He possesses a boosted metabolism that can be used to heal wounds almost instantly.
- Superhuman Endurance: Quicksilver possesses vast superhuman endurance that is nearly inexhaustible. He was able to run non stop for over 10 days straight without tiring. This ability also allows Petrus to compensate for the lower amounts of oxygen he is able to take in while running or flying at great speeds.
- Retarded Aging: His physiology automatically compensates his body so that it doesn't age any faster due to his increased speed. Therefore he ages at the same rate as a normal human.
- Supercharged Brain Activity: Quicksilver's mental abilities are also increased in speed, simple computations can be done at lightning speeds. This ability comes in handy since he must calculate the physics behind his velocity manipulations. He can also read at super-speed, allowing him to learn at increased speeds. Petrus is able to resist some telepathic thought manipulation when he accelerates his brain activity.
- Increased Perceptions: He possesses the ability to alter his perceptions so that falling objects can appear to be standing still and can be caught and moved back to their normal position. He can disarm or jam any number of opponents weapons before they are even aware of his movement and can hurl small projectiles at hypersonic velocities. His ability to alter his own perception of time is so great, that if he wishes, the tick between a second can pass for millions of years. He can even push this ability to the point, that to him, it's as if the Universe is standing still. It does not truly stand still, it is his own perception of time that seems to stand still, and his body automatically adjusts to his perception, hence, the slower he views the world, the faster his body moves through time/space to adjust to his perception.
- Photographic Memory: He can permanently remember everything he has ever read, seen or heard.
- Quick Intellect: Petrus is able to think at great speeds, contrary to his impulsiveness.
- Expert Combatant: Petrus has been trained in hand-to-hand combat by numerous Acolyte/Brotherhood members and Avengers members such as Captain America.
- Expert in Mathematics and Physics
Petrus possesses superhuman strength in his lower body as part of his body's adaptations for running. With his upper body he can lift (press) approximately 1000 pounds while his legs can press approximately 1 ton under optimal conditions.
- Non-vector Abilities: Petrus is vulnerable to powers that don't have velocities and by extension vectors. These abilities include conceptual attacks (one's that bypass natural laws), solely magic-based attacks (such as mystic bolts), and mental attacks that forgo vector movement.
- Perception Range: The range of his manipulation is limited by his line of sight. (He can't watch a live television broadcast and cause a velocity-phenomenon to occur at its point of origin.)
- Impatience: Put him in a situation where he has to wait and you’ll get him so worked up that he’ll make a mistake. His temper is and always has been his greatest weakness. It’s gotten him into a lot of trouble he wouldn’t have otherwise gotten into had he been tolerant and patient.
- Overconfidence: At times, Petrus makes decisions without thinking, presumably because he’s so confident in his abilities that he believes he can do what he wants to do before something bad can happen. This occurrence may result in Petrus rushing into unfavorable situations.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Petrus and his twin, Wanda, were artificially made in a lab. For Petrus, they used the DNA of Erik Lehnsherr and Charles Xavier. For the full explanation refer to this note under the Lehsherr Branch of the Family Tree
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Petrus Lehnsherr (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Petrus Lehnsherr (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Petrus Lehnsherr (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References