Powers and Abilities
- Atmokinesis: Omorose is psychically linked to the weather patterns of Earth, allowing her to command meteorological energy patterns; she can feel them, and likewise they react to her emotional state. When Storm uses her psionic powers, she sees the world as colorful, constantly changing energy patterns, rather than solid matter. These energy patterns can be "molded" to Storm's will to create a vast number of effects which mainly deal with weather manipulation: to raise or lower temperature levels, direct air currents as hurricane-force winds, a pressure dome that can deflect attacks, to maneuver herself through the sky, excite electron particles to call down lightning bolts, fire electrical blasts from her fingertips, summon clouds as fog cover or in order to bring forth precipitation such as rain, snow, sleet, and hail, summon large thunderstorms and blizzards, and to alter her body temperature to compensate for weather conditions. Also, she can disperse natural storms so as to create clear weather. Storm can create atmospheric effects in a beam-like path from her hand or hands: for example she often projects lightning bolts from her hands. Her control over the atmosphere is such that she can create certain effects over a specific area, while shielding smaller areas within the larger area from them for example she could create a rainstorm around herself but prevent rain water from touching her. She is also able to use her elemental powers to control water. She can create weather effects within indoor areas or within artificially maintained environments: for example she could create an indoor rainstorm. She can create weather effects over very small areas; as when she water her potted planets.
- Energy Manipulation: When using her powers, Storm becomes one with the energy patterns she manipulates. This gives her the ability to project weather effects through her body. For instance, she can generate lightning, intense cold, and intense heat, from her hands rather than from her actual atmosphere. Her power over thunder has been used to create deafening sounds for distracting her enemies. She can create powerful tornadoes, hurricanes, and various winds that are capable of moving a vast number of objects/people including levitating an entire building, and sending the Hulk soaring away from her and her teammates. Her ability over water and it's forms has been shown by her creating heavy rainfall, and instant floods that have even "washed" away savage land dinosaurs. Control over moisture and temperature allows Storm to freeze/flash freeze objects and people in the blink of an eye.
- Altered Perception: Omorose can alter her visual perceptions so that she can see the whole world around her in terms of energy rather than matter, allowing her to see through objects and understand the functioning of energy within objects.
- Aerokinesis: She has the ability to control air. Her aerokinetic feats have included: precise rabid movement of a basketball sized object, to holding a multi-level building in mid-air, to even levitating a rock as small as a pebble. Storm's control over the air also allows her to manipulate air pressure, creating powerful pressure domes to deflect attacks such as gunfire and falling debris. She is even able to dig through a mountain to it's surface with this technique. Storm's power over air pressure has also been used to crush powerful objects such as Skrull warships. She has even created pressure (on earth) higher than that found on Jupiter, but since this type of feat isn't natural to Earth, causing this phenomenon drains her energy more quickly and will cause unconsciousness.
- Flight: She has the ability to fly by gliding on wind currents. She can also move objects or other people with the wind. Storm's powers grant her the ability to fly as high as the atmosphere can be stretched by using her mastery over wind. She can even carry other people with her. Storm can thus travel as fast as any wind can, and has reached speeds up to 800 miles per hour. Her power over the atmosphere enables her to breathe at any speed, protect her from air friction, and protect her from cold. Storm can carry aloft an as yet undetermined amount of weight while being borne aloft by the wind.
- Air Sense: She has the ability to feel the shift in the air which has came in good use against people entering other dimensions (teleporting) and sensing the approach of objects as big as helicopters.
- Sky Topography: A new ability with her air control is the skill to pin point exactly where she is by sensing the shape of the air and the distinct weather signature of an environment.
- Electrokinesis: She can generate and manipulate electricity. Feats include: ball lightning, lightning bolts, manipulating/absorbing Electromagnetic fields (can tap into electromagnetic energy to enhance her powers), manipulating electrolysis fields, manipulate the electrical energy within computer systems, see the brains electrical signals, scramble the telepathic powers of others, and separate hydrogen molecules from oxygen molecules. Storm's lightning attacks can vary from a bio-electric sting of 100,000 volts, which is strong enough to stun a person, to a fully charged lightning bolt, which can reach temperatures close to 2 or 3 times the surface of the sun and contain over 1,000,000 volts of electricity. Storm is also able to generate lightning which acts like a rejuvenation. She is also able to summon electricity from her body because of her mutant physiology. Another important thing to mention is on more than one occasion Storm has traveled via lightning. However this isn't a option she uses often.
- Electrical Sight: This ability grants Storm an edge in any combat situation as she is able to see the electrical impulse generated my the human nervous system and thus able to predict her opponent's movements a split second before they happen.
- Electrolysis: Storm using electrolysis to breathe under water works well within her power. Electricity can do that to water. It speaks well of her power as well to control the electrical current to where nobody in the water was electrocuted when she pulled this stunt.
- Telepathic Resistance: It is believed that due to the nature of Storm's powers that there is always static electricity going through her brain, which makes it harder to reach her telepathically. If she is using her powers it is even more difficult, sometimes even causing pain.
- Hydrokinesis: the ability to control water. Her hydrokinetic abilities include: sensing the composition of rain water, controlling water currents, the ability to sense the movement of object while in the darkness of the ocean, and using raindrops as a lens to filtering out certain forms of solar energy.
- Thermokinesis: temperature ranging from -128F to 134F
- Earth-Link: Storm's mutant powers has created a psychic bond between herself and the primal life force of Earth's biosphere. This bond with the Earth and apparently the entire universe, gives Storm spiritual and material sustenance with an almost empathic sense towards living thing. Her bond with the biospheres while in outer space somehow allowed her to summon a solar flare and the ability and call upon a large amount of cosmic energy.
- Nature Detection: ability to detect objects within various atmospheric mediums—including water, sense the incorrect motion of a hurricane in the Northern Hemisphere, the gravitational stress on the tides by the Moon and Sun, the distortion of a planet's magnetosphere.
- Weather Resistance: She seems unaffected by the weather, including lightning and temperature. While in the past, Storm has been attacked with (and harmed) by lightning/electric blasts she hasn't created herself, and almost overheated due to trying to adjust to violent weather, it appears that the more experienced she gets, the less the weather seems to harm her, both indirectly, and directly. This is further shown by her being able to reverse/counter electrically based attacks. This allows her the ability to change her internal and external body temperature to match that of the current outside atmosphere, so that she wont suffer any ill effects from the change of atmosphere. The ability is involuntary and natural, although somewhat limited.
- Electromagnetic Field Manipulation: Storm controls forces that patterns the weather, and as such can tap into and manipulate the Earth's electromagnetic field or other electromagnetic energy such as shooting an EMP, channeling EM field energy to EM wielders such as Magneto, or concentrating EM field in her vicinity that she can use to electrocute people. She is able to do such feats because electricity has an inherent effect on magnetism and vice versa, because the two forces are intrinsically linked. She can use them as electromagnetic pulses which disables all electronics in the area or to generate electric fields.
- Environment Adaption
- Underwater: She can use the water currents to guide her as well as sense where things are even when there is no light. Her powers are extraordinarily adaptable and protect her from the crushing pressures and cold that go along to diving to extreme depths. The strength of the currents she can use aren't know however she once used them to safely lift the Black Bird without showing any strain.
- Space: If she goes into space she can use the nearest star's energy to fly on the solar wind and may be extending to control what scientists term "space weather.' Again her powers protect her from the radiation that it carries. A further note. Because these energy patterns extend to outer space she can also summon bolts of lightning. When in space she needs no medium for her lightning to travel and it is significantly enhanced as she was able to summon a bolt big enough to cover a space ship.
- Weather Prediction: Storm has the added ability to know the patterns of weather by instinct so that any given time, she can predict the weather on any planet she is on.
- Tectonic Plate Manipulation: Storm later has a secondary mutation that allows her to use this ability. With it, she can psionically control the movement of the tectonic plates within the Earth's crust within limited areas, probably no less than a radius of a few city blocks. Within this area she can create small or large earthquakes by psionically affecting the Earth's crust. Along with earthquakes, Storm is able to cause earthquakes in bodies of water to produce tsunamis of various intensities.
- Sorcery: During her career as an X-Man, she will apprentice under Doctor Strange, who recognized Omorose's inherent magical abilities. She will learn how to use this magic to augment her natural mutant powers as well as learn magic spells that include: healing, protective shields, manipulating the Classical elements (fire, wind, water, and earth), magical bolts, astral projection, and generating weather phenomenon (this allows her to circumvent her limitation of having to steal the weather from other locales).
- Expert Thief: Extraordinary ability at picking locks and pockets, escape artist; therefore, she is very stealthy and good at sneaking up on people. She is also good at hijacking cars.
- Expert Combatant: She is an experienced hand-to-hand combatant, trained by Wolverine. She is also an extraordinary marksman with handguns, and proficient with knives.
- Expert Gardener: Omorose is also an excellent gardener owing to her supernatural abilities and has her own botanical gardens at the Xavier Mansion.
- Indomitable Will: Omorose has a very strong will, thanks to years of practice to control the weather. Her will is strong enough to resist the influence of Dracula (the most powerful of the vampires).
Normal human woman who engages in intensive regular exercise
- Claustrophobia: The fear of cramped spaces
- Emotional Influence: Storm's ability to manipulate the weather in her immediate vicinity is affected by her emotions; hence, if she does not maintain control, a fit of rage might induce a destructive storm. As a result, Storm has in the past kept a tight rein on all extreme emotions.
- Physical Condition: Storm is limited by the force of her will and the strength of her body.
- Naturally Occurring Limitation: Storm must manipulate weather patterns as they naturally exist. For example, she could end a drought in one area by creating torrential rains there, but that would necessitate robbing all available moisture from the surrounding area. (In contrast, Thor, whose weather affecting ability is magical, can change the weather in one area without disrupting existing weather patterns anywhere else). Storm cannot create atmospheric conditions that cannot exist naturally on the planet she is on. She could not, for example, lower temperatures as far as absolute zero or raise them to solar intensities. Through use of her magic, she can partially overcome her limitations to a undefined extent: generate weather without disrupting other places weather patterns and can generate or manipulate weather that couldn't naturally occur on the planet she's on.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Omorose is the Nexus version of Ororo Munroe (Earth-616).
- Omorose is Jeanne's best friend.
- Omorose means "beauty" in Egyptian Arabic.
- In this reality, Omorose dyes her hair white in order to further mask her identity as an X-Man.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Omorose Farouk (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Omorose Farouk (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Omorose Farouk (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References