Alexandra is the child of both Nightcrawler and Magik.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: Due to her mutation, she has many physical characteristics that she inherited from her father.
- Micro-Suction Discs: Nocturne can stick to objects with the surface of her hands and feet. This enables her to scale surfaces.
- Flexible Bone Structure: Nocturne's bone structure allows her great flexibility. She can remain in a crouched position for a long time and perform contortionist type feats without causing any damage to her spine.
- Camouflage: She has limited abilities to blend into shadows, both as a result of her indigo fur and her connection to light-bending attributes of the dimension through which she can teleport through. This is also the explanation for why she constantly appears in shadow, even in direct light if teleporting through the Brimstone Dimension.
- Prehensile Tail: allowing her to grab onto objects with relative ease. Her tail is strong enough to not only support her body weight but also lift an adult man completely off the ground, and is deft enough to fight with like a sword or blunt object. It is retractable.
- Infrared Vision: Nocturne's always glowing eyes grant her a marked degree of heightened night vision as well.
- Superhuman Agility: Her agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Her natural reaction time is enhanced to a level beyond the human body's natural limits.
- Dimension Manipulation: Alexandra is able to manipulate and bend the dimensional walls around her. This allows a variety of effects:
- Teleportation: She is able to teleport through space by bending the first 3 dimensions.
- Time Travel: She is able to teleport through time by bending the fourth dimension.
- Inter-Dimensional Teleportation: By bending the walls between dimensions, she can travel in between them. She favors going through Limbo/Otherplace and the Brimstone Dimension, which are the easiest and most natural for her to travel to.
- Sorcery: Nocturne is the sorceress supreme of her limbo dimension. The extent of her powers there are all powerful, and powerful demons of Limbo do not dare challenge her. Magik can probably cast any magic spell that Belasco or Magik could, having had access to their store of sorcerous knowledge. Her sorcery was a unique mix of black magic and white magic that she learned from her mother. She can use sorcery in a variety of ways:
- Astral Projection
- Mystical Sense: ability to detect mystical presences.
- Simple Spells
- Mystical Armor: The more that Alexandra uses her magical power on any occasion, the more mystical armor appears on her body. The nature and origin of this armor is as yet unknown. Along with the armor, her appearance would become more demonic including horns, hooves or a tail.
- Summon Soulsword
- Mystic Right: The Soulsword is a physical manifestation of Nocturne’s magical powers as well as the limbo dimension. As the Soulsword is the living embodiment of Alexandra. This sword was generated by her own will, and is separate from the soulsword created by her mother.
- Strike the Supernatural: The Soulsword has been shown to only harm magical creatures or objects -- it rarely injures non-magical beings or items.
- Maim the Ethereal: Intangible and ethereal beings can also be struck, as Shadowcat painfully learned.
- Counter/Break Spell: When Nocturne uses the Soulsword to strike a person who is possessed, ensorcelled, or otherwise magically controlled or transformed the sword will be able to counter or break the spell.
- Stepping Disc Control: The Soulsword can be used to control Limbo's 'stepping discs.'
- Spell Sword: to 'draw' spells with the sword using arcane symbols.
- Sword Summoning: Nocturne can store her Soulsword in nothingness and summon it whenever she desires.
- Summon Armor: It can also be used to summon promethium battle armor around the wearer.
- Augment Magic: Any magic user who holds the Soulsword instantly has their mystic abilities augmented.
- Master Acrobat: Nocturne is an Olympic-class acrobat thanks to her flexible spine that allows him to perform contortionist-like feats and to go long periods in a semi-crouching position without injury.
- Master Combatant: She is a skilled hand-to-hand combatant and a master at fencing, which she can even perform with her tail, which is strong enough to support her entire body weight.
- Adept Magician: She is very skillful with her magic.
- Aviator: She is able to fly the X-Jet.
- Medical Training: She has learned some medical techniques.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Nocturne (Earth-1992)
- Character Gallery: Nocturne (Earth-1992)
- Quotations by Nocturne (Earth-1992)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for:
Links and References