The dormant symbiote crash landed on Earth in a meteorite. It was found by Warlord who cast a spell on it to keep it dormant, so that he could control it. The symbiote was injected into the body of a brainwashed Ricardo Rios, transforming him into Misery. The two were set free in New York City by Warlord, so that they could destroy it. They were attacked by Crimson Shadow and they charged at him after they got back up. They were then impaled on steel rods. Crimson Shadow took them to a hospital and when they awoke they attacked everyone in the room. Each person was killed except for Crimson Shadow. They fled to an isolated area where they were met by Warlord. He then proceeded to give them new orders. After recent events, Misery is no longer under the control of Warlord.
Powers and Abilities
The symbiote grants its host superhuman strength, reflexes, and agility. Also it grants its wielder the ability to stick to walls, create web like substance, and tendrils. It also grants limited shape shifting and the ability to mimic any form of clothing.
- Superhuman Strength: The Misery symbiote and its host are superhumanly strong and can lift within 25 - 75 ton range.
- Superhuman Speed: They can move or run at speeds greater than any normal human being.
- Superhuman Stamina: They can exert themselves for at least 48 hours until fatigue impairs them.
- Superhuman Agility: Their agility is superior to any normal human being.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Their reflexes are superior to any normal human being.
- Superhuman Durability: The tissue the Misery symbiote is composed of renders its host's body much harder and much more resistant to physical injury than the body of an ordinary human. They can withstand high caliber bullets, great impact forces, powerful energy blasts, and falls from great heights without sustaining physical injury. They are durable enough that he can withstand multiple barrages of high caliber weapons such as machine guns from close range. They also possess an extreme resistance to pain, and seem to feel it only to a certain extent.
- Camouflage Capabilities: The symbiote is capable of mimicking the appearance of any form of clothing and camouflaging with its surroundings.
- Shape Shifting
- Wall Crawling: They have the ability to cling to virtually any surface. They can rapidly crawl, walk, or run across even slick/wet surfaces.
- Webbing: They can project a powerful, organic web-like substance similar to the webbing Spider-Man has. They typically use this “webbing’’ to immobilize someone. The webbing is incredibly strong.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: They posses a superhuman healing factor that allows them to regenerate damaged or destroyed bodily tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. They are able to heal injuries such as slashes, puncture wounds, bullet wounds, and severe burns within moments. Their healing factor is developed to the point that they can regrow missing limbs and organs.
The Misery symbiote can track any other symbiotes. The symbiote can stick to walls and also has unlimited webbing. It can also blend in with its surroundings and become undetectably camouflaged.
While worn by a host it is capable of lifting 25-75 tons
The Misery symbiote, like all others of its kind, is extremely vulnerable to heat and sonic based attacks. They can cause the symbiote physical pain and discomfort; where as "more powerful" attacks might be completely ineffective.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- The Misery symbiote does not try to take over the mind of his human host. Instead, the symbiote actually thinks and voices its opinions to the human host. The symbiote usually speaks when the host is in his "human form".
- The constant experiments by Warlord mutated the Misery symbiote, causing it to turn a dark green color.
- Originally the Misery symbiote had a very similar appearance to the Venom symbiote, showing that Misery may be an offspring of Venom.
- Appearances of Misery (Symbiote) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Misery (Symbiote) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by Misery (Symbiote) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References