Powers and Abilities
- Solar Flare: Mariko's mutant powers enable her to absorb solar and other radiation to generate the process of ionized matter (usually air) through a mentally-triggered unknown biochemical process so that it is converted to plasma, the superheated state of matter. Plasma is the state in which matter making up the sun exists; hence, Sunfire refers to her projecting plasma as "solar fire". In addition, she can sheath her body in flame.
- Flight: She can use her powers to create super-heated air currents which push her forward through the air, enabling her to fly. Sometimes this super-heated air is visible as a trail of flame behind Sunfire. The upper limit to the speed Sunfire can achieve in flight is not yet known, although it is known to be greater than that of the Angel, who can reach 150 miles per hour.
- Plasma Blasts: She has the ability to project the flames she generates as powerful blasts of energy.
- Plasma Emanation: Sunfire can generate plasma temperatures which match those that can be generated by the Human Torch, reaching about 1,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit at maximum level. She can also use her power in a massive blast similar to Johnny Storm's "Nova Burst". However, Mariko has much more control over the area of effect, enough to where one person may feel like they have been sunbathing all day to total incineration of another target.
- Plasma Induced Enhanced Strength: ability to internalize the power of plasma to increase her strength.
- Heat Signature Sense: She has the ability to sense beings by the heat signature that they give off.
- Plasma Shield: She has the ability to manipulate the plasma around her to form an aura that can melt incoming bullets are stave off other attacks.
- Solar Shielding Psi-field: She is protected from the heat and radiation she emits by a short-range psionic force field which automatically comes into being whenever there is air friction or whenever she uses her power, and also prevents excessive amounts of light from the plasma from reaching her eyes so as to blind or damage them. It is speculated that she can generate power in excess of her natural protection.
- Foreign heat and radiation immunity: Sunfire also has an immunity to extreme heat and radiation that isn't emanated from her body to an unknown degree.
- Enhanced Durability: In addition, the shield lessens physical blows.
Normal human female with moderate regular exercise.
In order to produce flames, Mariko requires an environment with a sufficient amount of oxygen.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- For all intents and purposes, Mariko acts as the Nexus version of both Mariko Yashida and Shiro Yoshida of Earth-515. Mariko does have a cousin Shiro in Earth-515 that serves as a namesake to Earth-616 Shiro.
- Mariko dyes her hair brown as a form of rebellion towards the Japanese expectations of appearance in order to displease her father.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Mariko Yoshida (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Mariko Yoshida (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Mariko Yoshida (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References