Powers and Abilities
- Magma Manipulation: can psionically cause magma, or molten rock, from far beneath Earth's surface to rise to and break through the surface, forming miniature volcanoes. can also telekinetically project fiery blasts of magma at targets. Apparently she does so by turning nearby rock molten and then telekinetically hurling it at her target.
- Magma Form: When using her powers Magma's body shines with intense light and gives off tremendous heat. Her hair seems ablaze with fiery light. Her body is designed to withstand the extreme temperatures she generates and the extreme pressures of the Earth's layers when she goes underground. Although Magma has triggered small earth tremors without taking on her glowing form, she has never been seen to use her power to fire lava blasts while in her ordinary human appearance. Magma is not blinded by the light she gives off in her shining form and is immune to the dangerous effects of flame and heat while in it.
- Atlas Form: Magma goes beyond her normal magma form by encasing her body in a malleable layer of molten earth. In this form, Magma has increased physical capabilities as well as a stronger connection to the earth, which strengthens her control over the earth exponentially. While in this form, Magma can still move around up to the speed of a jog, but is unable to go into a full sprint or flight due to being rooted into the ground.
- Superhuman Strength: Amara can gain superhuman levels of strength by increasing the size of her molten rock form, as well as shape her molten earth form more offensively.
- Superhuman Durability: Amara can gain superhuman levels of strength by increasing the size of her molten rock form, as well as shape her molten earth form more defensively.
- Lava Tracks: Amara can move at greater speeds in this form by making the ground underneath her molten and then telekinetically moving the earth under her, similar to Iceman's ice slides.
- Seismic Sense: ability to sense vibrations through the ground, "seeing" by sensing her surroundings and making a mental image of it. It allows for a 360 degree field of "vision", outside of normal line-of-sight. Her seismic sense is so acute that she is capable of sensing even ants moving about, can identify people by the way they walk, and can almost always tell if someone is lying by sensing his or her physical reactions, such as breathing and heart rate.
- Earth-Link: Magma's mutant powers has created a psychic bond between herself and the primal life force of Earth's core. This bond with the Earth, gives Magma spiritual and material sustenance with an almost empathic sense towards it as a living thing. To her, the magma/lava that she manipulates from the Earth is like the blood that gives Earth its life.
- Geokinesis: can psionically control the movement of the tectonic plates within the Earth's crust within limited areas, probably no less than a radius of a few city blocks. Within this area she can create small or large earthquakes by psionically affecting the Earth's crust. Magma's power to create small or large earthquakes and volcanic eruptions is linked to her emotions. She could unintentionally create major earthquakes and large-scale volcanic activity by losing control of her temper and becoming unusually angry.
- Melding with Earth: Like the Earth, Amara is constantly renewing herself, allowing her to quickly heal mild to moderate injuries at an amazing rate, as long as she is in contact with the grounnd. Her normal regenerative abilities allow her to recover from injury within seconds to minutes. She possesses an incredible immunity from poisons, toxins, as well as disease. In rare cases where she was gravely injured or where another has managed to severely poison her, Amara showed the ability to physically merge with the Earth, causing whatever injuries or poisons to be expelled from her body as she regains shape.
- Pyrokinesis: can create flames and project blasts of heat that do not contain any molten rock. However, she apparently prefers to fire magma blasts rather than simple heat blasts, perhaps because the magma blasts have a solid impact that can knock down a target. The highest level of heat that Magma can generate is not yet known, but it is believed that she can reach at least 850° Fahrenheit or higher.
- Flame Renewal: To complement her earth regeneration, Amara can also heal simultaneously when touched by some heat substance.
- Flight: Recently, she seems to have developed fully functional combustive flight by projecting her heat/flame in the opposite direction she wishes to fly.
- Due to being raised as nobility in the ancient Roman settlement of Nova Roma, Magma is an expert to Roman culture, a skilled swordswoman, fluent in Latin and English, and she received a classic education in affairs of state, philosophy, military, agriculture, and literature.
Magma possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise. While in his Atlas form she is able to augment her strength.
- Need of Earth Contact: Magma's powers are dependent upon her contact with the Earth (or at least with a floor that is part of a structure in contact with the ground). Her powers will begin to weaken if she is removed from physical contact with the Earth. However, as soon as she renews this contact, her powers will return to their usual level of strength. Also, Magma can become incredibly sick if she is separated from land for too long.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Maiara is the Earth-515 counterpart to Amara Aquilla
- According to Latin Naming Conventions, her name is as follows:
- Praenomen: Maiara. While praenomen had fallen out of use in Ancient Rome, a new use for female praenomen was found in Nova Roma. The use was revitalized for daughters with indigenous blood who'd be given indigenous names that would be used when addressed by natives in the Tupi tongue.
- Nomen (Gens): Iulia. When addressed in the Latin tongue on the other hand, Maiara would be addressed as the feminine form of her family name (similar to modern English surnames). As a member of the Iuliī gens, she'd be called Julia.
- Cognomen (domus): Iula. Due to multiple branches of families surfacing in Ancient Rome, different branches (or domī). In Mairara's case, she descends from the Iulia Iula line.
- Agnomen (honorific): Magna. After the emergence of her impressive mutant abilities, her community would grace with with an honorific cognomen, or agnomen, to the end of her name: Magna for Great.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Maiara Iulia Iula (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Maiara Iulia Iula (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Maiara Iulia Iula (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References