Johnny Redmond was the college star quarterback for Penn State and the B.M.O.C (B.ig M.an O.n C.ampus). He was destined to become the quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers. One day, in the campus library, Johnny found a book on mystical artifacts in Greece. One of them was a mystical artifact known as the Arm of Hercules, an artifact said to grant anyone who touches it the strength of the Greek god of strength, Hercules. However, it was lost in the ancient Greek city of Heraclea during the great Battle of Heraclea.
Attempting to find this artifact in order to preserve it in a museum (and not knowing if the artifact was truly capable of giving one who touches it the strength of Hercules), Johnny left the campus with permission from the dean, bringing a group of adventurers, including one Thaddeus Q. Rhinestein, a jealous and snobby rich classmate who was a skilled, although greedy, geographer, and a genius inventor who could pinpoint the last known location of the artifact. Secretly, however, he planned to kill everyone, including Johnny, with an experimental nuclear-powered necroblaster that would blast his victims with high-leveled, lethal gamma radiation.
After arriving at the site of Heraclea, everyone began searching, before Johnny finally found it, on a perched ledge in an old church. Attempting to retrieve it with the help of his colleagues, they were stopped by Thaddeus, who began killing everyone with his nuclear-powered necroblaster. After killing every last one of Johnny’s colleagues, Thaddeus blasted Johnny, but not before Johnny was able to touch the Arm of Hercules. Johnny instantly began transforming, but, due to being subjected to high-level gamma radiation, became four times as big as he was supposed to be. The resulting transformation caused the church to collapse. Thaddeus managed to escape, leaving Johnny to fall underneath massive amounts of debris.
Johnny managed to free himself from the rubble without any difficulty whatsoever. Once he was completely free of it, he realized what he had just done. Finding the book that he had used to learn about the Arm of Hercules, he realized that he was four times the size he was supposed to be. Now 12 feet tall and much more muscular than he was supposed to be, Johnny realized that being hit with gamma radiation and touching the mystical artifact made him much more powerful than he was supposed to have been. Finding the dead remains of his colleagues and friends, Johnny then went after Thaddeus, determined to achieve revenge. Thaddeus, who was hightailing out of Heraclea, was stopped by Johnny, who had leapt so high, he came down right in front of him. Thaddeus, who was in complete shock, attempted to blast Johnny with his necroblaster, only to find out that it had zero effect on Johnny’s new, all-powerful body. Johnny knocked Thaddeus out with a flick of his finger, which sent him sailing into a jail cell a few towns away.
Content in knowing that he had achieved vengeance for his friends, Johnny returned to America, deciding to become a superhero. Calling himself Macho Man, after the hit song sung by the Village People, Macho Man was a mildly successful crimefighter, but found it too easy, and eventually became bored of it. However, that all changed when he was approached by Nick DeCosta, a.k.a. Stryker, a ninja with ghostly powers who was creating a superhero team that worked with the government, and the President in particular. Stryker wished for Macho Man to join his team, which Macho Man enthusiastically agreed.
As a member of the Maximums, Macho Man found that he had much more power than he could’ve ever imagined. He found that he had complete control over his strength, stamina, durability, endurance, resistance, muscular structure, weight, density, and even his invulnerability. He found he was invulnerable to virtually everything, including even the most powerful forms of magic, except for psychic, mental, and thought-based attacks, which he painfully realized when he instigated Psychodude, a newer member of the team with an unusually large head. Later, he learned and mastered several forms of martial arts and fighting, thanks to the efforts of Heatstroke, Stryker, Cheetari, and Mister Melee. He became a team leader a few months later after he joined.
Macho Man has fought several villains of his own, including his archenemy Psycho, a super-intelligent, but completely insane telepath, the Tank, a rogue S.T.R.U. operative who gained destructive war powers by Dark Overlord, Backbreaker, a hillbilly strongman-for-hire and constant rival who has never been able to defeat Macho Man, Mister Invulnerable, a man who gained virtual invulnerability, Lord Naut, King of the Juggernites, the Lunkhead, a misunderstood, but monstrous anti-hero who possesses strength rivaling Macho Man’s, Bag O' Bones, a former jealous classmate of Johnny's who became a living skeleton with the power to control skeletons and bones, and, of course, Bio-rex/the Tyrant King, who has tested Macho Man’s strength and patience several times. Macho Man has saved the team several times over, the most famous being the invasion of the Juggernites, an alien race of massive, six-armed monstrosities, lead by Lord Naut, a being whose strength and power rivaled that of Macho Man. However, he stood his own easily, and withstood some of Naut’s strongest blows without any harm whatsoever.
Macho Man currently resides within the Hero Hood with his teammates.
Powers and Abilities
Macho Man is the Mightiest Man in the Universe. As such, he possesses all strength, muscle, stamina, durability, resistance, endurance, weight, density, and invulnerability-based powers.
- Superhuman Strength: Macho Man is probably by far the strongest man, even being, in existence. Virtually no one has ever been able to defeat Macho Man in terms of pure physical strength. Macho Man possesses superhuman strength of the Class 100+ level, enabling him to lift in excess of 100 tons. Macho Man possesses the capacity for limitless physical superhuman strength. In times of excitement, especially during the heat of battle, Macho Man's adrenaline levels escalate, which, in turn, causes a corresponding increase in physical strength. There appears to be no limit to the amount of strength Macho Man can achieve.
- Strength Level Manipulation: He possesses the ability to mentally manipulate his strength levels at will as well, enabling him to achieve any level of strength from peak human strength, able to lift twice his own body weight, to virtually incalculable and infinite strength, so great as to be unable to be measured by any known measuring system. It seems he can also control the strength of any part of his body separately from other parts at will, turning one or all of his fingers to normal strength level, while keeping his arms at strengths capable of lifting automobiles. Based on his punching power and weight, Macho Man can apply over a hundred tons of pressure per square inch to anything he smashes.
- Strength Absorption: Macho Man possesses the superhuman ability to absorb the strength of virtually any living being or object, no matter how powerful they may be, and add it to his own. However, he rarely uses this ability, as he prefers to show his opponents that he already is a force to be reckoned with.
- Kinetic Energy Absorption: Macho Man possesses the ability to absorb any kinetic energy and convert it into additional superhuman strength, stamina, durability, endurance, resistance, speed, health, etc. Macho Man must be in contact with the energy in order to absorb it. If Macho Man strikes a blow to someone or something, or is himself struck, he will absorb the energy of that blow. He absorbs the energy of any blow he is struck by, not just punches, but bullets, and to a less successful degree, electricity and other physically based forms of energy. He can also sap blades and sharp objects of their power by sapping their thrusting and cutting energy.
Macho Man can perform hundreds of phenomenal feats of strength:
- Lifting, Pushing, Pulling and Throwing Incredibly Large and Heavy Objects: He can lift, pull, push, throw, and grab virtually any object or being, no matter how strong, heavy, or dense they may be (he has lifted and thrown entire mountains, skyscrapers, and even the entire continent of Asia at one time, while running, jumping, and doing virtually any normal physical feats without difficulty.
- Running and Smashing Through Indestructible Obstacles: Macho Man can brake and smash through some of the most indestructible substances, energies, or materials without much effort.
- Tearing and Shredding: Macho Man can tear and shred through virtually any material, energy, or substance, taking virtually indestructible objects apart with his bare hands as easily as tearing through tissue paper.
- Grabbing and Manipulation: Macho Man possesses the ability to grab and manipulate dense objects as if they were wet spaghetti noodles, as well as pure energy.
- Unstoppable Movement: He can plow through an entire city non-stop, buildings and all.
- Thunderclaps: He can clap his hands together to create a large thunderclap-type concussive force capable of toppling hundreds of skyscrapers, blow away gas, put out fires, and deafen opponents.
- Earthquake and Tremor Generation: He can smash the ground with his body, fists, and/or feet in order to create devastating earthquakes and tremors capable of matching up with Terrain's.
- Breaking and Crushing Virtually Indestructible Objects: Macho Man once broke Bio-rex’s kinetic absorption containment unit by overloading it, his indestructible spine and has crushed a diamond in one bare hand effortlessly.
- Defeating Maximum-Level Beings: He has defeated Maximum Man in a wrestling match.
- Wall-Climbing: He can climb up vertical surfaces by planting his fingers into the surface. Macho Man can also grab onto to large, fast moving objects (such as locomotives or starships), with his bare hands alone.
- Superhuman Burrowing Speed: Macho Man is able to dig and burrow through virtually any material and/or substance using his fingers alone as shovels with superhuman speed and quickness.
- Hitting Objects Over Vast Distance: Macho Man has also sent the simple-minded Backbreaker over the entire Atlantic Ocean and through the entire country of France, buildings included, with but a casual backslap.
- Tactile Telekinesis: It is believed that Macho Man possesses a minor form of telekinesis, due to the fact that no matter what object he lifts, it somehow does not collapse under its own weight. It is possible that this minor form of telekinesis is capable of surrounding any object, no matter how large or heavy with a personal force field that protects the object from outside stresses.
- Superhuman Leg Muscles: Macho Man possesses superhuman leg muscles that provide him with incredible speed, capable of running up to 390 miles per hour, and leaping ability, able to leap over the entire country of the United States and the entire Pacific Ocean in a single leap, as well as providing incredibly equal strength in his legs, enabling him to punt kick opponents over entire continents.
- Superhuman Accuracy and Direction: Macho Man possesses an uncanny sense of direction and accuracy, and has jumped at, or thrown objects towards, fast moving jets and caught them. Macho Man is also able to accurately leap from place to place, knowing exactly where he will land. He has jumped from miles away and was able to hit a humanoid, moving target. Macho Man's instinctual accuracy also has made it possible for him to strike people capable of superhuman speed, even Bluemoon.
- Muscular Structure Manipulation: Macho Man possesses the ability to mentally manipulate and alter all or any muscular tissue in his or any other living being with a muscular structure, enlarging them in order to absorb impacts, contracting them to dodge projectiles, and elongating them to increase his arm and leg length almost instantaneously.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Macho Man possesses an accelerated healing factor that is unmatched by any other. Although he is virtually indestructible, there are times when mystical energies are able to physically harm him, which kicks in his healing factor. However, he has demonstrated that he is capable of consciously controlling his healing factor.
- Underwater and Outer Space Breathing: Macho Man possesses the ability to breathe underwater and in outer space unprotected due to his body developing a gland which creates an oxygenated perfluorocarbon emulsion which fills his lungs with fresh, healthy oxygen, and equalizes the pressure in such hostile conditions.
- Superhuman Durability and Resistance: Macho Man possesses immeasurable superhuman durability and resistance. The mystical energies of Hercules combined with intense gamma radiation caused his musculature, bone structure, internal organ composition, soft tissue structure, and skin to immensely increase in toughness and density. His reflexes have remained at their above average human levels despite his greater mass. His skin is capable of withstanding bullets, grenades, shells, rockets, missiles, bombs, great heat without blistering, great cold without freezing, great falls, and great impacts easily. His skin cannot be punctured, lacerated, burnt, frostbitten, or ravaged by any skin disease. In the past, Macho Man has withstood several simultaneous nuclear warhead detonations, some of Heatstroke’s highest temperatures, some of Frostbite’s lowest temperatures, Bio-rex’s indestructible claws, Mister Melee’s weakness-sensing ability, and the strongest blows from powerhouses like Tyrant/Bio-rex, Dark Overlord, the Tank, Backbreaker, Extinction, the Lunkhead, Erosionist, Lord Naut, King of the Juggernauts, and Captain Crush without even flinching.
- Instantaneous Environmental Adaptation: Macho Man possesses the ability to instantaneously adapt his body to any environmental conditions, no matter how hostile it/they may be.
- Density Manipulation: Macho Man possesses the superhuman ability to alter his density to the point of where he is virtually impenetrable. However, he is unable to lower his density past normal solidity.
- Weight Manipulation: Macho Man possesses the ability to mentally manipulate his weight, becoming anywhere from his normal weight of 1,040 lbs to an as-of-yet undetermined maximum weight, possibly over 100,000,000 tons.
- Virtual Immovability: Macho Man possesses the ability to become virtually immovable at will. He does this by bonding himself to the earth beneath him by force of will, which in effect creates a monodirectional increase of gravity beneath him. This gravity field extends about five feet in radius from his center of balance. Thus if there is sufficient power to uproot him, it would take the ground beneath his feet in an area corresponding to the radius of the field. Once he does so, absolutely nothing can move him, no matter how strong or powerful.
- Virtual Immunity: Macho Man's physiology also possesses an incredible immune system, making him immune to all known diseases, poisons, chemicals, substances, drugs, toxins, etc, no matter how deadly.
- Virtual Invulnerability and Indestructibility: Macho Man's body is completely invulnerable and indestructible. His skin cannot be broken and he is incapable of feeling pain or sustaining any form of injury from any conventional physical attack, regardless of the amount of force or energy exerted against him. Since he was scientifically and mystically altered, he is completely invulnerable to all physical and mystical forces. He can, however, be jarred or dazed and has some susceptibility to sensory attacks, though he is affected considerably less than a normal human being and will recover completely almost as soon as the attack is over. He is virtually unstoppable once he begins moving, and only he can stop himself. Macho Man does not need to drink, eat, sleep or even breathe. However, he has a psychological problem that forces him to drink, eat, and breathe. He has proven that he doesn’t need to sleep. Macho Man's physiology provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process. He will probably be able to live up to three centuries before he finally dies from extremely old age.
Macho Man is an unmatched master of all battering and grappling forms of fighting and martial arts, including all forms of boxing (regular boxing, Irish boxing, kickboxing, savate, etc), all forms of wrestling (pro wrestling, amateur wrestling, hardcore wrestling, freestyle wrestling, sumo wrestling, pancrase, pehlwani, catch wrestling, British wrestling, Duala wrestling, evala wrestling, canarian wrestling, oil wrestling, hybrid wrestling, Mongolian wrestling, Shuai-Jiao, lucha libre, rasslin’, royal road, Greco-Roman wrestling, etc.), judo, jujutsu, Brazilian jujutsu, aikido, aikijutsu, Krav Maga, hapkido, Sambo, glima, Chin Na, Kampfringen, naban, etc. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of every sport to ever or will ever exist, and knows every rule, every play, everything that is related to sports. He is genius in the fields of sport science and exercise physiology. He is an Olympic-level acrobat and gymnast, thanks to his superhuman leaping ability.
Macho Man possesses superhumnan strength, enabling him to lift (press) in excess of 100 tons.
Macho Man possesses complete invulnerability to all physical and mystical forces. However, he is completely susceptible to all mental, psychic, and thought-based powers, due to a side effect of the gamma radiation and the magical energies of the Arm of Hercules, although he has, by no means, lost any of his memories, personality, or intellect, thanks in part to the Arm of Hercules. He can easily be hypnotized, mind read, mind controlled, and even be killed by telepathic blasts (although they must be incredibly strong), possessed, have his mind altered, gain amnesia, lifted by telekinesis, unless he alters his weight above the person’s mental strength (although he is still capable of movement without much difficulty), and manipulated by thought manipulation. He also has a psychological need to eat, drink, and even breathe.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References