LEGO Spider-Man: The Web Series is a LEGO stop motion web series released in both YouTube and in Marvel Fanon Wiki by Benspider. It takes inspiration mainly from The Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, the Earth-616 Spider-Man comic books, the Ultimate Spider-Man comic books, the Spider-Man movie games and the Spidey comic books, but also from Spider-Man 3, Spider-Man: The New Animated Series, Spider-Man: The Animated Series, the Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions game, and pieces as well as from other Spider-Man related media as well as other Marvel Fanon Wiki articles (such as MaxGoji's Spider-Man: The Series and LEGO Spider-Man: Irresponsible's original draft, Topher5151992's Marvel Nexus, ThunderboltZemo92's The Spectacular Spider-Man, Bridgetterocks Assemble! and ElectricMayem's Marvel's Spider-Man) as well as other fanfictions (such as thebandragoness's Fighting Crime, Spinning Webs) and YouTube fan series (such as Paradox Pictures's The Spectacular Lego Spider-Man and darkspidey34's The Amazing Lego Spider-Man ), yet it gives them a new spin. The first episode will be released sometime in 2017. The series has a bigger focus on Spider-Man's civilian life as Peter Parker.
- Spider-Man (Peter Benjamin Parker): A bookworm that one day was bitten by an electrocuted Oz enhanced spider giving him it's abilities. He used them irresponsibly and which caused his Uncle Ben's death he decided to use them for good. Now he struggles a normal life and his superhero life as Spider-Man!
Introduced in Season 1
- Aunt May Reilly
- Uncle Ben Parker
- Mary Jane Watson
- Ned Leeds
- Norman Osborn
- Harry Osborn
- Anna Watson
- Jason Macendale
- Gwen Stacy
- Captain George Stacy
- Eugene "Flash " Thompson
- Kenny Kong
- Liz Allen
- Prowler (Hobbie Brown)
- Glory Grant
- Patch (Frederick Foswell)
- J. Jonah Jameson
- Betty Brant
- Sally Avryll
- Joseph Robertson
- Randy Robertson
- Bart Hamilton
- Jason Ionello
Introduced in Season 2
Introduced in Season 3
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock
- Scarlet Spider (Benjamin Reilly/"Peter Parker" clone)
- Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew/"Peter Parker" clone)
Introduced in Season 4
- Moon Knight / Ronin (Marc Spector)
Introduced in Season 5
- Fantastic Four
Introduced in Season 6
Introduced in Season 1
- Professor Aron Warren
- Sargent Jean DeWolfe
- Dr Ted Twaki
- Mr. Davis
- Donald Menken
- Sergeant Stan Carter
Introduced in Season 2
- Mayor Waters
- Ashley Kafka
- Jason Ionello
- Sean "Tiny" McKeever
- Dr. Bromwell
Introduced in Season 1
- Kingpin/The Big Man (Wilson Fisk)
- Tombstone (Lonnie Lincoln)
- Scorpion (I) (MacDonald Gargan)
- Rhino (Alexander O' Hirn)
- Sandman (William Baker)
- Vulture (I) (Adrian Toomes)
- Green Goblin (????)
- Jack'o Lantern Prime (????)
- Doctor Octopus/Master Planner/Monster Ock (Otto Octavius)
- Mysterio (Quentin Beck)
Introduced in Season 2
- Electro (Maxwell Max Dillon ) Debuts in Season 1 as a minor character
- Vermin (Edward Whalen)
- Chameleon (Dimitri Kravinoff)
- Kraven the Hunter/"Spider-Man" (Sergei Kravenoff)
- Lizard (Curt Connors) Debuts in Season 1 as a supporting character .
- Justin Hammer
- Scorpion (II) ("Peter Parker" clone/Kaine Parker)
- Lefty Donovan
- Spencer Smythe
- Spider-Spider Slayer Mark I
- Molten Man (Mark Allan)
- Venom (Eddie Brock Jr ):Debuts in Season 1 as a supporting character
- Captain Jupiter/Man-Wolf (John Jameson)
Introduced in Season 3
- Vulture (II) (Rainero "Blackie" Drago) Debuts in Season 2 as a minor antagonist
- Jackal (Miles Warren) Debuts in Season 1 as a supporting character
- Hobgoblin (?????)
- Commanda (Catherine D' Antan)
- Carnage (Cletus Cassidy):Debuts in Season 2 as a minor character
- Spider clones
- Doppelganger ("Peter Parker" clone)
- Ultimate Spider-Slayer (Alistair Smythe)
- Slayer Mark II
- Hydro-Man (Morris "Morrie" Bench)
- The Living Brain
- Carrion ("Miles Warren" clone)
Introduced in Season 4
- Big Man (III) (Janice Foswell)
- Beetle (Janice Lincoln)
- Mr. Negative (Martin Li)
- Sin Eater
- Tarantula (Carlos LaMuerto)
- Green Goblin II/Neo Goblin (????)
- Juggernaut (Cain Marko)
Introduced in Season 5
- Silvermane (Silvio Manfredi)
- Boomerang (Frederick "Fred" Myers)
- Punisher (Frank Castle)
- The Rose (Richard Fisk)
Introduced in Season 6
- Venom (II) (Angelo Fortunato)
- Magneto (Erik Lensherr)
- Doctor Doom (Victor Von D'amme)
Season 1: Learning to Crawl
- 1.Adaptation: Peter Parker otherwise known as the superhero Spider-Man returns from summer vacation to school just as has to deal with his first super powered villain, Adrian Toomes, who gets his inventions stolen by Norman Osborn, he decides to take his revenge as the Vulture. Can Spidey survive returning to school?
- 2.Survival of the Fittest: After Spider-Man interferes another one of his operations, Wilson Fisk (the Kingpin) contracts the mercenary group called the Enforcers (strongman Ox, contortionist Snake Marston, expert martial artist Fancy Dan, and gunman Montana) to eliminate the web head just when Peter starts his internship at Horizon Labs and decides to take pictures of Spider-Man for the Daily Bugle to help his aunt pay the bills. But after Spider-Man is defeated by the Enforcers he manages to escape and once he heals he wants a rematch. Now Spidey must survive the Enofrcers, take pictures of himself for a man that hates him, work with his idols and survive school as usual.
- 3.Countermeasures: The enigmatic Big Man sends a criminal that works for him named William Baker to get experimented on by Dr. Otto Octavius and Norman in an attempt to distract Spider-Man by making him impervious to damage. The experiment fails and turns him into living sand, Baker uses this new powers to start a crime spree which brings him into the attention of the web slinger just as Peter gets tired of Flash bullying him and challenges him to a fight in his hubris. Now Peter must defeat the slippery Sandman and somehow fight Flash without showing everyone that he is Spider-Man.
- 4.Variable: The Big Man continues his attempts to distract Spider-Man by fusing two bit tug Alex O'Hirn (Baker's former partner) with an impenetrable exo skeleton shaped like a rhinoceros.He uses his newfound powers to get back at Spider-Man by trying to get J Jhona Jameson to reaveal how he gets so many pictures of Spider-Man in his paper as he believes that the photographer is in contact with Spider-Man.Now Peter must save the man who hates him the most from the second man who hates him the most and survive the stampeed.
- 5. Influx: After the Rhino incident the Big Man makes Osborn and Octavius turn private eye Mac Gargan into a supervillain using a serum called Gobulen Green and bonding him with a more flexible version of the Rhino suit with a mechanical tail all fashioned after a scorpion (the spider's natural predator). Meanwhile Peter is growing tired of all the new villains so he decides to investigate this Big man Rhino mentioned which leads him to believe that he is somehow related to big time philanthropist Wilson Fisk. He however must survive being followed by the savage scorpion and trying to get Gwen to go with him to the ball.
- 6. Warzone: After Scorpion's defeat the Big Man keeps pressuring Octavius and Osborn to make more super human mercenaries to either distract or kill the web head. Osborn however realizes that the authorities may connect him to these new superhuman and sends a famed industrial saboteur known as the chameleon to steal from Tri Corp , a rival company who also wants to create super mercenaries ,a prototype to use for the Big Man's project and to frame them as the ones behind the super criminals on the rise. The devices , a pair of gauntlets that release vibrations for offensive use alongside a suit to protect it's wearer from the harmful vibrations,is then given to former Enforcer Montana who becomes the Shocker to finish the job the Big Man gave him. Harry meanwhile decides to join the football team in an attempt to get popular sidelining Peter and Gwen.
- 7. Premature Reaction: While working on the maintenance of an experiment to create super criminals, Dr. Otto Octavius is reminded of his abusive father by Norman Osborn. He starts feeling uneased, but everything takes a turn for the worse once a mysterious figure sabotages his experiment. Octavius survives but his mechanical arms are fused with his body. Blaming Norman and Spider-Man (since he helped save him), he names himself Doctor Octopus and tries getting revenge on all the people who have wronged him just as Peter's school is in a field trip to Tri-Corp where one of the people who wronged him works.Now Peter must subdue theeight armed menace and protect his friends and the people he hates from him.
- 8. Fuse: As the fall formal is finally here, a mysterious figure known as the Green Goblin, who also seems to be related Octavius accident, starts terrorizing the party. But the worst part is that the party has a special visitor who is none other than the Kingpin of crime.Now Peter must save one of his worst enemies , defeat a new deadly one and find an excuse as to why he is leaving the party to the beautiful Mary Jane Watson.
- 9. Accomplices:
- 10. Explosive Result: As Halloween arrives Spider-Man and the Kingpin are both invited by the Green Goblin to a foundry where he has incriminating evidence of Kingpin's operations. At the same time Peter is told by Gwen to talk to Harry who didn't show up to Midtown's Halloween Party. However, Peter discovers that Norman Osborn has ties to the Green Goblin and may even be him. Now Peter must try to defeat his greatest enemy and survive for enough time to talk to Harry without letting him now his father may be the Goblin.
- 11. Competition : After Halloween Spider-Man is desperate to find proof that migth exonerate Harry of being the goblin however he is terribly unlucky as everything points out to him , however the kingpin does some research of his own and sends shocker and the enforcers to kill Harry in the airport. Spidey must now protect Harry from the enforcers while finding proof that migth condem someone else of being the Green Goblin.
- 12. Misdirection: A mysterious, new villain starts stealing technology. He is Mysterio the Mystic and he wants to bring mankind back to basics. Peter believes he has a connection to Kingpin and decides to use his Bugle connections to ask reporter Frederick Foswell to help him, and if that wasn't enough he needs to do his history homework about the Great Depression. Now Spidey must defeat Mysterio the mystic and complete his homework in time.
- 13. Stock Dive: Spidey finally figures a way to take Kingpin to jail; he needs to find some tapes which incriminate him. There is one problem, however, he has two deadly bodyguards who also serve as his lieutenants: Hammerhead and Tombstone. At the same time, Kingpin frees Rhino ,Sandman and the Enforcers (minus Montana and Snake Marston) to distract the webhead .Now Spider-Man must face against four of his deadliest villains and take down the big man of crime once and for all in this epic season finale.
Season 2: Web of Shadows
- 1. Drained: When a freak accident happens at Horizon Labs, Max Dillon gets turned into living energy conduit and he seeks to be cured. Meanwhile, Spider-Man is exhausted due to fighting criminals all week, so how will he defeat Electro if he can keep himself awake for more than ten minutes?
- 2. Boisterous: As Dr. Connors tries testing an electrified Oz lizard serum, the formula is sabotaged by Miles Warren and he is turned into a giant lizard creature and tries to eat all of the Horizon Labs staff, including Eddie Brock and Gwen Stacy. Spider-Man and the Horizon staff must now stop him and make a cure before the police kill him.
- 3. Deviation: After defeating the Lizard Spider-Man discovers that a mysterious rat like creature is kidnapping geneticists into the sewers and one of them is Horizon's Miles Warren and Doctor Connors. Peter immediately assumes that he is connected to Connors's research , however he might uncover some of Warren's shady secrets instead and if that wasn't enough Peter must try to also take pictures of the beast for the bugle . Now Spidey must fight against the being behind this act: the ferocious Vermin and try taking it's photo.
- 4. Suspension: After the whole ordeal with Vermin Warren wants to get rid of Spider-Man for getting information on his shady deals with the mob. So he blackmails an old coleague of his , named Spencer Smythe,to create a robot to kill or to get samples of the webhead's blood. The robot is dubbed the Spider-Slayer and tracks Spider-Man to Midtown when Peter's at gym class . Now the webhead must try and subdue it while also uncovering a deadly conspiracy and tolerating the jocks.
- 5. Absorbance: After Kingpin was taken down a new crime boss has not yet risen but one villain is winning traction on the underworld a returning Green Goblin who then gets Liz Allan's brother , who owes his right hand (Blackie Gaxton) a big quantity of money, to submit to an experiment that fuses his skin with a gold molten substance (called sub dermal armor) that makes him stronger and gives him the ability to exponentially increase his heat so he can kill Spider-Man for a cure. The problem is that Mark's sister and his girlfriend ,Mary Jane Watson , try investigating and get trapped on the crossroad of the fight between Peter and the"Molten Man" and spidey must try to protect them.
- 6. Revealed: As Peter is trying to find a way help Harry give up being the Green Goblin , he is told by Harry that there is a new Goblin in town because he was kidnapped by him. Peter is hesitant to belive him at first but after thinking about it he realizes Norman could have taken up the mantle. This leads into an investigation by the part of our favorite web head which leads him to the new Green Goblin. As Peter is fighting the Goblin leads him to an abandoned Oscorp weapon testing ground for the final battle.
- 7. Masquerade:
- 8. Metamorphosis
- 9. Rising Action
- 10. Group Therapy
- 11. Power Corrupts:
- 12. Thesis:
- 13. Antithesis:
Season 3: The Clone Saga
Season 4: No More
Season 5: Gang War
Influences on the Series
- The frist and most ovius inspiration for the series is The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon by Greg Weinsman and Victor Cook.
- Episode 1seson 1 Adaptation is a direct adaptation of the first episode of the aforementioned series Survival of the Fittest.
- The series was originally meant to be live action, but due to finding no one wanted to act in it and because of some budget concerns, the series was made into a LEGO stop motion series.
- In the show the Parkers' dog, Ms. Lion, is a schnauzer dog. This change was made to make the dog look like Benspider's dog.
- Benspider has said that after ten seasons he may consider doing a reboot series with the same title.
- After the failed live action idea the series was going to be pivot animated but the idea was also dropped due to Benspider finding it too difficult.
- The series is animated at 20 fps.
- The series was originally animated using Dragonframe but benspider instead chose MonkeyJam.
- The series takes place in Earth-616901616.
- There have been 8 rewrites so far. The most current one has made the series a remake of the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series.
- In the first pitch many villains would have been created by the same accident as Spider-Man. (Note: all of the non powered villains would have used the accident to steal tech from OsCorp.).
- Most minifigures used in the show are a combination of decals, sculpting, painting, and printing.
- Originally the show was going to take place one year after the Green Goblin and Gwen Stacy's deaths in a reality split off from Earth-616.
- This series is part of Benspider's project to make many LEGO stop motion series', seven of them being Spidey series' (LEGO Web of Spider-Man, The Amazing LEGO Spider-Man: The Web Series, LEGO Webspinner: The Series, LEGO Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, LEGO Spider-Man: The Web Series (Reboot), LEGO Astonishing Spider-Man: The Web Series, Ultimate LEGO Spider-Man: The Web Series, LEGO Spider-Man: The Web Series, The Spectacular LEGO Spider-Man: The Web Series, and LEGO Spider-Man: The New Web Series.).
- One series managed to spin off from the success of both this one and Webspinner; LEGO Marvel Kaijuverse: The Web Series, created by Max Carroll.
- The series use clay to help with the animation.
- The series intro music is from The Spectacular Spider-Man guitar cover from Spectacular Spiderman FULL GUITAR COVER with Guitar as vocals with Solo made by 6StringMaestro
- In the show Spider-Man has a mix of organic and mechanical webbing. In this version he uses the web-shooters to allow his webbing to support weights and not break as easily as it will do otherwise.
- There are 4 different Sinister Six lineups
- The first Sinister Six lineup consists of: Kraven the Hunter, Scorpion (Gargan), Doctor Octopus (leader), Mysterio (Beck), Electro, and Vulture (Toomes).
- The second Sinister Six lineup consists of: Beetle , Doctor Octopus, Scorpion (clone), Mysterio (Beck), Sandman, and Kraven.
- The third Sinister Six line up consists of:
- Due to their service to he show , the users :Coolot1, MaxGoji2 and PrimalFan are considered writers on the show and get a special thanks on each episode.
- Spider-Man's design during season 1, 2, and 3 is a mix of the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series (with the web pattern and back logo) and Todd McFarlane designs (with the spider eyes and the black with blue shading instead of the more recognizable blue) with red gloves with black fingers and exterior molded black and red web-shooters. During Season 1 and 2 he has a blue spider logo on his back originally it was based on the Ditko logo but in Season 2 it's based on The Spectacular Spider-Man but in Season 3 and Season 4 the costume is modified and the black with blue shading becomes blue with a lighter blue as shading.The flickr user : pivote1342 did the original decal and it was later changed by benspider.
- Doctor Octopus' design is a LEGO version of The Spectacular Spider-Man version. The flickr user : pivote1342 did the original decal and it was later changed by benspider.
- Electro's design is based in his The Spectacular Spider-Man version.
- Vulture design's based on his The spectacular Spider-Man version with molded wings below his arms and with molded talons. The flickr user : pivote1342 did the original decal and it was later changed by benspider.
- Venom design's a mix between the McFarlane version (Shape of the eyes, mouth) and the costume worn by Mac Gargan (red pupils, logo). It also has elbow-boney spikes.
- Kingpin's design is based on his Spider-Man: The Animated Series counterpart.
- In the first episode Vulture's suit looks green due to the lighting after kdinapping grabing Norman Osborn. This is a reference to his comic book color scheme.
- In the first episode, Harry mentions a tour of France. In the comics Norman Osborn hid there after his apparent death in The Amazing Spider-Man #122.
- There are some references to the Disney tv show gargoyles ,which was made by Greg Weinsman. In one episode an aritcle that says that Castle Wyvern has finally been found can be seen in the bugle. Castle Wyvern is the original home of the gargoyles in the show.
- There is a pizzeria called Romita and Junior's Pizzeria. This is a reference to John Romita Sr. and Jr., both of whom are artists who drew Spider-Man.
- At Peter's school, there is a poster for an Arachno-Man movie directed by Ran Saimi. This is a reference to the Ultimate Spider-Man story arc "Hollywood" were a Spider-Man movie was being directed by Sam Raimi.
- There are multiple references to the popular web series Red vs. Blue, such as in season 1 episode 2 from season 1, a criminal with a maroon headband asks one with an orange one why they were there, only for them to be interrupted by Spider-Man. This is a reference to the first line spoken in said show.
- In the season 2 epiosde Drained Peter calls Electro Buzzshock and Megawatt before giving him his iconic name. Both of these names are references to the Ben 10 franchise. Buzzshock is the name of an alien and the megawatts are aliens of the same species as Buzzshock that Ben met in his early adventures. Buzzshock was also Benspider's favorite alien when he frist watched the show.
- In many Season 1 , 2 ,3 and 4 episodes a long black haired man is seen drinking coffee with a skinny man and observing Spider-Man. These characters are confirmed to be both Morlun and Dex. (Note: In season 5 Morlun becomes a main villain.)