Powers and Abilities
- Pyrokinesis: The ability to excite the atoms within an object, possibly enough energy to ignite the object. The Human Torch possesses the mental ability to control ambient heat energy. He can utilize flames in any way imaginable. He is capable of generating flames from thin air, not requiring the consumption of oxygen or combustible objects to maintain the flames.
- Fire Manipulation: The Human Torch can generate shapes composed of fire from any point on his body. (He usually employs his hands to "sculpt" the flames.) He can form fire into long streams, spheres, or even more complex shapes like letters in skywriting. These flames-objects will only remain their shapes as long as he concentrates upon them. The temperature of these fiery projections is generally around 2,800 F (near the melting point of iron), but may be any temperature he wills. He can possess complete and precise control over the flames' shape, size, intensity, density, temperature, and even color. He can alter its size and intensity from a mere candlestick flame, to an immeasurable inferno.
- Nova Flame: The Torch refers to his highest, hottest levels of plasma that he can create as his "nova flame." The exact temperatures that his "nova flame" can attain are not known. He cannot maintain his "nova flame" for as long a time as he can maintain his ordinary flame. The Torch can release all of his body's stored energy in one intense, omni-directional "nova-burst," which can reach about 1,000,000 F, and which is similar to the heat-pulse of a nuclear warhead detonation. This violent discharge uses his entire reserve of energy (except for the necessary to keep him alive) at once, entirely exhausting his flame power. He requires some time to recover entirely from such a feat.
- Immunity to Fire & Heat: The Human Torch can endure extreme heat and flame without being harmed. He is unaffected by heat and flames, including his own, even when part of him is aflame and the rest of him is not. His flesh cannot be scalded or burned by any heat source whose level is below that of his maximum output.
- Plasma Form: The physical ability to transform his entire body, or portions of his body into a fiery, plasma-like state of will. The Human Torch can envelop his entire body or portions of his body with fiery plasma without harm to himself. (Plasma is a super-heated stated of matter such as exists in the atmosphere of stars.) Ordinarily, when aflame, the Human Torch is enveloped by a low intensity flame of low level plasma (reddish, approximately 780 Fahrenheit), which ranges from 1 to 5 inches from his body. He can, however, generate much higher levels and flames about himself. The energy used to support his low-level plasma is small. In its plasma state, The Torch's body is no longer solid; projectiles that are not melted pass harmlessly through his body.
- Flight: The Human Torch's plasma has a high hydrogen content, and is surrounded by an exuded cloud of mono-atmoic hydrogen atoms. The hot cloud provides sufficient positive buoyancy for him to float. By forming a jet from his feet, directed behind him, he can achieve a normal flight speed, and accelerate up to supersonic speeds.
- Thermokinesis: The Human Torch has the ability to mentally control the ambient heat energy within his immediate environment, even when he himself is not aflame. He can reduce objects' temperatures (if they are in a normal range for existing on Earth's surface) to about 30 F, raise them to several hundred degrees, or extinguish open flames. The heat energy he takes from the environment is absorbed into his own body. If he takes in a critical amount while he is not aflame, he will become aflame. There are unknown limits to the amount of flame he can absorb into his own body harmlessly while he is himself aflame.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
Johnny is the Nexus version of Jonathan Storm (Earth-616)
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Jonathan Storm (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Storm (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Jonathan Storm (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References