|This Articles needs to be wikified!|
This article lacks proper templates, navigational structure, and/or standard American English grammar.
To help improve it, check the current Layout Guide and Formatting requirements. Once these are adequately met this tag may be removed from the page with admin approval. If the page receives no further improvement, it will be deleted April 27th, 2018.
Doom is serious here. He will destroy this article. Bwahahahahaha.
This article seems to have been abandoned and is currently incomplete, and according to the site policy, is spam and will be deleted accordingly.
To help stop this, you may continue this project and ask for this template to be removed, or you have ask for it to be deleted. If neither of these are done, it will be deleted 2 weeks after the date of issue. It WILL be deleted unless the owner of this project picks it back up.
Powers and Abilities
- Empathy: She possesses the ability to read and sense the emotions of others, as well as control the emotions and feelings of others. Emma Frost is one of the most powerful empaths on earth; many X-Men have stated that she is the Professor X of empaths. She can manipulate the emotions of all the inhabitants of a single city without reaching her limit.
- Force Emotion: She can instill various emotional states in someone including happiness, sadness, fear, etc.
- Emotion Negation: She can also use her empathy to steal emotions from others, rendering them emotionally "numb".
- Empathic Healing: She can absorb the pain of injured people to ease their suffering, and induce rapid healing. However, the cost is that she will feel the pain she absorbs. Once this facet of her power nearly killed her when called upon to save a gravely wounded person. This side effect sets a limit on the type of injuries she can heal in this fashion, as she cannot heal fatal wounds without sacrificing her own life in the process. Despite this drawback, she has been noted to be one of the best healers around.
- Pain Substitution: When Emma feels less inclined to play the role of hero, she is also able to heal someone by transferring the pain of the injured person to another person nearby instead of to herself. This use results in the third party experiencing all the pain and death, if the injured person suffered a fatal wound.
- Power Channeling: She can manipulate others powers to a certain extent if the subject in question's powers is affected by his or her emotions. For example, she could cause Magma to become angry, which would result in a localized earthquake, or she could cause Shadowcat to become frightened, and in response, Kitty would begin to phase as a reflex.
- Mind Control: Emma is able to create personalities that possess her victims' mind.
- Psionic Blast: ability to use a mind blast which varies in potency from rendering her victims unconscious or leaving them with painful headaches.
- Empathic-Psychsomatic Ailments: By causing serious anxiety, depression, or hysteria, Emma is able to cause symptoms of diseases to occur psychosomatically. This facet of her ability usually causes symptoms on the sensory or nervous symptoms of patients. These effects can include symptoms of blindness, paralysis, chest pain, etc.
- Empathic Communication: This ability is similar to telepathic communication, but is emotion based; similar to how Mirage is able to empatically communicate with Wolfsbane.
- Danger Sense: Emma has a constant read on all the emotions around her. She would be able to sense any malicious feelings in her immediate vicinity, and then she would know if there is anyone around with a harmful intent.
- Empathic Illusion Casting: Her illusion casting is no where in league of that of Mirage, and Emma uses the power slightly differently. Instead of full 3-D images, she uses this ability to cause others to believe something else is what its not. For example, she could use this facet of her empathy to make people who talk to her believe that she isn't Emma but the President of the United States, or that a flame is something harmless.
- Organic Diamond Form: Frost possesses the ability to transform her body into a flexible, translucent organic diamond-like substance form while retaining mobility. In this form, her skin is as hard as real diamond. In many ways, this is similar to Colossus' organic steel form. She must transform all parts of her body, rather than selectively transforming certain areas and can remain in this form for an undetermined amount of time. Her diamond form does not require a conscious hold and thus will remain until it is voluntarily triggered back, even when knocked unconscious. This transformation also alters Frost's personality, causing her to become rather cold-hearted and to lose her empathy for others. When Emma turns into an nonliving, yet sentient and mobile diamond form, the ability also grants her extreme resistance to damage, invulnerability to cold and heat, enhanced speed, enhanced strength (the extent of which has not yet been clearly defined), immortality, and limitless stamina as her body does not produce any fatigue toxins while in this form. She also does not need to eat, sleep, or drink while in diamond form. The speed of the transformation in and out of her diamond form is almost instantaneous, being described as happening within a hundredth of a second.
- Superhuman Strength: In her diamond form, Frost's physical strength is increased to superhuman levels. At her peak, she is able to lift approximately 2 tons.
- Superhuman Stamina: While transformed, Frost's muscle tissue becomes infinitely more efficient than the organic musculature of normal humans, or most other organic beings for that matter. Her muscles produce no fatigue toxins during physical activity, granting her limitless superhuman stamina, or at least until or unless she is forced to resume her normal state.
- Superhuman Durability: Frost's diamond form renders her highly resistant to most forms of physical injury. She is able to resist great impact forces, such as being repeatedly struck with superhuman force, without being injured. Her body is also resistant to temperature extremes, able to withstand temperatures as cold as -320 degrees Fahrenheit or as hot as approximately 7,362 degrees Fahrenheit before her form begins to melt. Frost is also self contained while transformed, requiring no food, water or oxygen.
- Krustallokinesis/Diamond Generation: She is able to manipulate the atomic structure of her crystalline structure and physiology at will, thus allowing her to make crude diamond weapons from any part of her body on demand, and fire diamond shards rapidly from her hands that can explode on contact. She can make huge clusters of crystals, by creating crystal shields, and even make ramps for herself to jump on. In certain ways, she can even reshape her projectiles into certain shapes and can make giant body parts like hands to capture enemies. Also, her crystalkinetic powers don't end there, as she can control the diamonds and crystals that are not even connected to her body by redirecting them mentally.
- Regeneration: This ability also allows her to regenerate to a limited extent, such as growing severed or lost limbs by generating more diamonds. Her regeneration is limited and can be used as long as her head is intact. Also, Emma can absorb foreign diamonds to also reconstruct her body.
- Entrapment: She can also grow her diamonds over other objects, encasing them in a diamond shell.
- Light Refraction/Redirection: Her diamond body itself acts as a living prism, making lasers and weapons similar useless by merely refracting the beams aimed at her. However, the light or lasers could then hit anyone nearby. Through practice, Emma learned to direct the light and lasers exit from her body.
- Psionic Immunity: In diamond form, Emma cannot give or receive psionic attacks or communication. This psionic immunity does not apply to telekinesis because this psionic power is physical in nature.
- Gifted Intellect: Emma is extremely intelligent and cunning, allowing her to traverse the ranks of business, the Hellfire Club, and the X-Men, as well as acquire a great deal of wealth. Her persuasive manner and abilities can easily sway others to do anything in her favor, especially when this skill is backed up with her telepathy.
- Defense Training: Emma Frost is an above average athlete and has had some training in hand-to-hand combat.
- Astral Combatant: Emma Frost is trained in astral combat. After Emma used up most of her telepathic strength to transfer her psyche before death as well as suppress Cordelia's mind, Emma has lost most of her telepathic potential, which is constantly used to continually suppress her sister's psyche. Emma didn't retain all of her telepathic might after transferring bodies (like when Jean Grey was able to fully transfer her telekinetic powers to Emma's and Psylocke's bodies in Earth-616) because Emma hadn't had enough training or experience in the use of her abilities to complete such a feat. However, she has enough telepathic power to enter the astral plane where she has some power to manipulate the plane, but no where near the ability of full telepaths such as Jean, Betsy, or Charles. The one caveat when she enters the astral plane is the possibility that Cordelia's psyche will be able to resurface in the body on the physical plane, and Emma will no longer have enough raw telepathic power to reassert control. Let's just say Emma is not ready to lose Cordelia's body any time soon.
Diamondheart possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height and build who engages in moderate regular exercise. But in diamond form, she can lift up to 2 tons.
- While in her normal state, Frost has all the physical frailties and vulnerabilities any ordinary human has.
- Natural Diamond Flaw: While she is much stronger and more durable in her diamond form, her body can be shattered if she were to be hit in a certain area that has a flaw, much as an actual diamond will.
- Also, while in her diamond form, Frost is unable to access her empathic abilities.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Emma is the Nexus version of Emma Frost (Earth-616).
- Emma dyes her hair blonde.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Emma Frost (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Emma Frost (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Emma Frost (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References