|This Articles needs to be wikified!|
This article lacks proper templates, navigational structure, and/or standard American English grammar.
To help improve it, check the current Layout Guide and Formatting requirements. Once these are adequately met this tag may be removed from the page with admin approval. If the page receives no further improvement, it will be deleted March 19th, 2018.
Doom is serious here. He will destroy this article. Bwahahahahaha.
Powers and Abilities
- Telepathy: As Ṛddhi's astral projection & possessive psionics are based off a telepathic mind-to-mind contact, she also has a mild level of telepathy. This is an area that Marvel Girl has continued to push during their one-to-one tutorials.
- Astral Projection: Ṛddhi can release her astral form from her body, instantaneously and at will. She can project her astral form from her body onto astral planes or the physical planes. In the physical plane, she can travel in astral form over vast distances. As physical laws are meaningless on the astral plane, Ṛddhi is able to use it to traverse at virtually any speed desirable thus traveling at the "speed of thought" through outer space. In the astral plane, she can mentally create psionic objects and manipulate the aspects of her environment. She can communicate with others astrally through her own will or through contact with the thoughts and memories of others. In this form she does not need to breathe, eat, drink or sleep, is unrestricted by physical laws (for example, Ṛddhi has flown beyond Earth’s atmosphere, defying gravity with ease), is invisible (though can be seen by any if she wishes), intangible, and incapable of being harmed by all but the most powerful and rigorous of mystic or psionic means.
- Psionic Mind Possession: Ṛddhi's psionic astral projection can cause a psionic energy surge that overwhelms her victims' consciousness while placing her mind in command. Once her astral form inhabits a target, she is able to alter their perceptions and memories, scan their thoughts, command entranced opponents to divulge information, or operate their bodies as if they were an extension of her own. She can control her subject's actions and experience what the subject's senses perceive. She can coax them to perform simple tasks such as standing still, or other tasks that require fine motor control of the body. Although a possessed person's movement would be more rigid than usual, Ṛddhi is capable of reproducing any kind of complex or acrobatic movement. During the possession her subject's higher brain functions revert to diminished levels, similar to their state in a dreamless sleep, and the subject is left with no memory of the actual possession. However, when she relinquishes her control, that person is aware that something has happened. They are aware that they are in a different area, or in a different pose. Most of her targets would shrugs it off to being lost in a daydream, but the majority of super heroes (or villains) would be aware that something was not right and that there had been some sort of interference. Although Ṛddhi can possess multiple subjects simultaneously, her control over her subjects is fragmented as she shifts her attention from one to another. She will overcome this handicap as her experience in using her powers grows. When Ṛddhi first takes possession of someone, she can only move her subject's body awkwardly until she acclimates herself to her new host. Her talents are not limited to just human beings. She has been able to take control over a variety of sentient beings, raging from Asgardian sand monsters, lizards, and even aliens. Ṛddhi's powers also enable her to reproduce the super human abilities of her targets.
- Sensory Link: Ṛddhi may establish a partial possession and gain the feeling’s and sensations of the target. After having established a link, Ṛddhi can scan a person's thoughts or alter a person's perceptions.
- Remote Control: Ṛddhi has been seen to exert control over beings in a different area to herself. Since controlling a body in another location requires her to see through her victims eyes, she needs greater focus to control them and has sometimes appeared to be in a meditative state. While remaining in her own body, Ṛddhi also appears to have transferred her own consciousness through to her possessed target.
- Psionic Blasts: She can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and turning someone brain-dead.
- Psionic Deflector Shield: By projecting psychic waves, she generates a psionic deflector shield that disrupts incoming psi-signatures, protecting her from all manner of psychic assault and mental energy.
Ṛddhi possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
- Subordinate Personality: If she remains in possession of a host for too long she will begin to think and act as her host would, and eventually her own personality would become subordinate to one identical to the host's.
- Ṛddhi's main weakness is that her own body is left defenseless while she was in possession of another being. She has to focus more than usual to control a greater number of beings or use their super powers at the same time. Therefore her body will be left exposed to attack.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Xuân is the Earth-515 counterpart of Xi'an Coy Manh. Her name was altered so that it is composed of legitimate Vietnamese names following proper Vietnamese naming conventions.
- Her codename was changed from Karma to Ṛddhi, another concept found within Buddhism. In Buddhism, rddhi powers are "psychic powers", supernormal powers (abhijñā) of the mundane plane attained by performing the four dhyānas. These abilities included: replication and projection of one's bodily-image, make oneself invisible, pass through solid objects, sink into solid ground, walk on water, fly, touch the sun and moon with one's hand, and ascend to the world of the god Brahmā in the highest heavens. Through Ṛddhi's astral projection abilities, she is able to achieve these feats.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Chung Minh Xuân (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Chung Minh Xuân (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Chung Minh Xuân (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References