Charles is the son of Brian and Sharon Xavier. His parents met while both were attending Oxford University. They eventually fell in love and got married. To Charles's future anguish, Sharon had already had a child in a previous relationship with a teenage sweetheart, Kurt Marko. While Sharon was pregnant, Kurt, not knowing about the pregnancy, slowly became more violent and mean towards her. To Sharon's dismay, she had to leave Kurt and raise the baby on her own. While at Oxford, Sharon had her parents take care of her son Cain Marko. Sharon had come from a rich family from Westchester County, New York. His father on the other hand was from an aristocratic family from Oxfordshire, England. Once married and completing school at Oxford, his parents decided to move back to Sharon's family mansion in Westchester County, since her parents decided to move out to travel the world. Brian then adopted Cain Marko as his own son. Cain was five years older than Charles.
While growing up Charles received many values from both of his parents such as acceptance, pacifism, counsel, etc. His parents both became world renowned geneticists and biochemists. Charles would not learn the true nature of their careers until years later. He had a happy childhood with his parents, but, since they were very busy, there were period of time when he wouldn't see his parents for a couple weeks at a time. Cain was a very troubled child even though Sharon and Brian did their best to raise him right. Cain became very jealous of Charles's scholastic and athletic achievements, so he would occasionally abuse and bully Charles.
When Charles' powers began emerging, he was 13 yrs old. Around that time, Cain left home for a reason that he wouldn't learn until years later. He went on to go to Oxford like both of his parents. While he was there, he met two of his future lifelong friends Moira Kinross and Erik Lehnsherr (Earth-515). Moira became the love of his life, while Erik became the best friend he had ever had. The three of them became like the three musketeers and did everything together. He eventually learned that they were both mutants as well. After completing school and all getting degrees in genetics, they decided they would create a sanctuary for mutantkind. Eventually, Magneto became more radical and wanted to enslave all of homo-sapiens. In turn, Charles and Moira ran away to start new sanctuaries for mankind.
Charles then went home after not hearing from his parents for a few months, while Moira went back to Scotland to visit her family. When Charles arrived at home, he found the inside a wreck and his parents lying mangled and bloody on the floor. He found that his father was still barely breathing. His father said, "Use your mind... read mine..." Charles didn't realize that they knew about his power, but he didn't have time to ponder it. He then looked into his father's mind, and started to see flashing random images before it went dark. His father had died. Charles then arranged a funeral for his parents. He inherited everything from his parents. He then began renovating his home. One image from his father was a door leading to a room in his house that he had never gone into before. He found it was full of shelves with papers and files. He found that his parents had been researching human mutations, and he found files on various people who were known mutants that his parents had been doing tests with. He discovered that these tests and trials must have been the reason for them leaving for weeks at a time. Charles then decided to continue their legacy, while making his family's mansion into a sanctuary for mutantkind. He then began to form the X-Men.
Powers and Abilities
- Telepathy: able to read minds and project his own thoughts into the minds of others within a radius of 250 miles (on Earth). With extreme effort he can greatly extend that radius.
- Telepathic Illusion: ability to create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
- Telepathic Cloak: can mask his presence from being detected by others. His abilities can at times go undetected or be counteracted by other more powerful telepaths depending on their level of skill in using their own psi abilities. He can extend these defenses to others around him as well.
- Psi Link: ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a connection to that individual.
- Telepathic Camouflage: ability to mask himself, and other peoples' presence from those around him. Can telepathically disguise himself, making his appearance to those around him quite different (changing the appearance of clothing, as well as more involved disguising).
- Mind Blast: ability to place large amounts of information in another's mind.
- Mind Control: ability to control the minds of others upon mere concentration. This power can allow him to completely shut down several peoples' minds, making it appear as if time has stopped.
- Mind Possession: ability to possess the mind of another, and use that being's body as his own.
- Mind Alteration: ability to alter the minds of others by force of will.
- Mental Amnesia: ability to cause loss of particular memories and amnesia in another person or even in a group of people.
- Psionic Shield: ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of other minds.
- Psionic Blasts: can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and can even kill an adversary.
- Astral Projection: ability to Astral Travel and communicate with others astrally through his own will, or through contact with the thoughts and memories of others. In the astral realm, he can use his powers to create "ectoplasmic" objects. He cannot engage in long range astral projection on the earthly plane.
- Mental Detection: can sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a small but as yet undefined radius of himself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.
- Mind Transferal: able to transfer both his mind and powers into other host bodies if his own physical body could be somehow killed.
- Absorb Information: ability to quickly process and store information, by mental transference.
- Limited Telekinesis: It is quite limited to other telekinetics, since he decides to use his telepathy most of the time. He mainly uses this ability to allow himself to walk for a limited duration of time.
- Genius-level Intellect: A natural genius, Xavier is a leading authority on genetics, mutation, and psionics. He possesses considerable expertise in other life sciences. He is highly talented in devising equipment for utilizing and enhancing psionic and other mutant powers.
- Expert Fighter: In his travels in the East, he became a proficient hand-to-hand combatant and gained knowledge of pressure points.
- Military Training: Charles served in the United States Military, secretly employing his abilities to specialize in search and rescue missions.
- Knowledge of the Body: As an extension of his studies of pressure points, Xavier's knowledge of the body and its energies/chakras has gained him the unofficial degree of a seasoned Zen master, allotting him the ability to keep in the prime of his physique. In spite of his age, he has maintained an impressive olympic chassis long since before he founded the X-Men, and has kept himself in perfect condition ever since.
Charles possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
- Paraplegic: To the X-Men, the reason is still a mystery.
- Dark Side: He has an inner darkness that he has been trying to suppress for many years.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
Charles is the Nexus version of Charles Xavier (Earth-616)
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Charles Xavier (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Charles Xavier (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Charles Xavier (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References