Powers and Abilities
- Psioplasmic Bio-Field: generates a psioplasmic bio-field, increasing her durability. The field extends six inches from any point on her body. This field constantly surrounds her body at every given moment, completely invisible, and only takes on a glass-like translucency when subconsciously activated by a threat. The field reacts to kinetic impact, energy signatures, certain psionic forces, temperature changes, etc. The bio-field is an extension of Cecilia's body, and so she feels the attack as its effect is dispersed over the field. Her power is subconscious, meaning it protects her from harm whether she wants it to or not, or is aware of the harm or not. However the field does not activate for threats it does not "know," since her power is mostly instinctive. The field has a kind of "learning capacity" that registers when a new sort of threat bypasses it's protection, so it can protect her in the future. Cecilia will also learn how to manifest the field at will, as a weapon. Surrounding her fists with psioplasmic force can increase the bludgeoning power behind her punches; she will be able to extend razor pointed spikes from the field, expel the field outward in a hammer-like ram, etc. She has learned to control the shape of her fields.
- Psionic Force Fields: Through further training and mutation, Cecilia learns how to form psionic force fields separate from her personal field. When using this power, she must do so consciously, unlike her personal field. Through concentration, she is able to project a field of psionic force which she can manipulate into a number of relatively simple forms: rectangular planes, cylinders, globes, domes, cones, etc. The complexity of the shape is limited by her ability to imagine (mentally visualize) a particular form and keep it in sharp mental focus: she is able to see the forms she creates in a yellowish hue like her personal field. The size of a given psionic force projection is also limited by her ability to imagine. The smallest force projection she can visualize (and maintain the visualization) is the size of a marble. The largest solid force projection she can visualize and maintain is about 100 feet in diameter. She can project larger force-objects if they are hollow. For instance, she could visualize and project a dome of 1 foot thick about a mile in diameter (4,700 feet) and a dome 1 inch in thickness she can project for about 3.2 miles. Small objects at high speeds become missiles; large objects at slow speeds become rams. She can make these objects grow or shrink as desired, up to a size of 100 feet (30 meters). Shield is able to use the projection of her psionic force to travel through the air. By projecting a rising column beneath her feet and simultaneously causing it to expand and topple at the same time, then creating another column that catches her, shrinks, rights itself and then repeating the process, she is able to effect a zig-zag flight path. She is able to reach an average speed of about 25 miles per hour, until she becomes fatigued by the concentration, after about 4 hours. Since her power is an extension of her mind and body, Cecilia is affected by inertial forces acting upon her projections. Thus if a car traveling at 60 miles per hour hit a wall of her force that was 6 inches thick, unless she generated a bracing shape against a sufficiently sturdy object, she would be affected as though she were hit by the car directly. Shield is able to control the surface of the fields rigidity to a certain extent. She can cause the surface of the field to be very hard, depending on its thickness (steel-like at about 2.5 feet), or as resilient as foam rubber. By making the field more resilient she is able to absorb more of the inertia of impacts within the field without having them transmitted to her body. She is also, through training, able to alter the shapes she creates while utilizing those shapes, often to absorb or deflect the force of impacts. When she creates objects of fields that are at the limit of her ability to mentally visualize, they tend to be resilient rather than rigid. As she has grown in the use of her powers. Currently these fields can withstand impacts of Class 100 strength, a literally astronomical level. She is capable of generating and manipulating multiple psionic force fields simultaneously.
- With her force fields she can...
- create strong shields
- create ladders, bridges, platforms, elevators and other things to get places
- create a board or saucer to levitate herself or others
- use her force fields to move things (like telekinesis)
- create Weapons (i.e. a sword)
- create a projectile weapon
- create a battering ram (to bust open doors, etc)
- create something soft to catch someone (like a giant glove or mattress)
- make things explode by creating a shield inside of it then expanding it
- suffocate someone by putting them in a shield and not letting air in
- create an air bubble, she can go places without air and not let air out
- use her force fields as shock waves hitting her opponent with force fields
Cecilia is a capable medical doctor and surgeon, making her the only member of the X-Men who is a true doctor of medicine.
Dr. Reyes possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
The size, number, and movements of her psionic force objects are limited only by her powers of concentration. Once she stops concentrating on an object, it ceases to exist.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Cecilia Reyes (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Cecilia Reyes (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Cecilia Reyes (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References