History of character is unknown.
Powers and Abilities
Arachknight possesses the proportionate powers of a spider, granted to him from a genetically engineered Common House Spider (Achaearanea tepidariorum) which bit Brad Dotson that was apparently already mutated from prior exposure to certain frequencies of radiation and received a final, lethal dose during Dotson's attendance of the exhibition. The radioactive, complex mutagenic enzymes in the spider's blood that were transferred at the time of the bite triggered numerous body-wide mutagenic changes within Dotson, granting him superhuman strength, speed, toughened flesh, and numerous arachnid-based abilities.
- Superhuman Strength:
- Superhuman Stamina and Endurance:
- Superhuman Durability and Resistance:
- Accelerated Healing Factor:
- Superhuman Speed:
- Superhuman Agility:
- Superhuman Reflexes:
- Superhuman Equilibrium:
- Superhuman Senses:
- Superhuman Sight:
- Superhuman Smell:
- Superhuman Touch:
- Superhuman Hearing:
- Superhuman Taste:
- Spider Sense: Arachknight possesses an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sense which warns him of potential immediate danger by the manifestation of a tingling sensation in the back of his skull, and links with his superhuman kinesthetics, enabling him to evade most any injuries, unless he cognitively overrides his automatic reflexes. The precise nature of this sense is unknown. It appears to be a simultaneous clairvoyant response to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches), which has given several hundredths of a second warning, which is sufficient time for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury. The sense also can create a general response on the order of several minutes: he cannot discern the nature of the threat by the sensation. He can, however, discern the severity of the danger by the strength of his response to it. Arachknight's spider-sense is directional and can guide him to or away from hidden weapons and enemies.
Sudden and extreme threats can cause his spider-sense to react with painful intensity. Arachknight can also sense and dodge attacks directed randomly or by an artificial intelligence. Using his spider-sense to time his enhanced reflexes, Arachknight can casually dodge attacks up to and including automatic-weapons fire, provided there is sufficient distance. His spider-sense is sufficiently well-linked to his reflexes to the point that a threat can trigger them even when Arachknight is asleep or stunned. His spider-sense has helped him preserve his secret identity since it alerts him to observers or cameras when changing into or out of his costume. The spider-sense does react to those who Brad does not consider to be a threat, such as his parents. Arachknight can choose to ignore his spider-sense, and distraction or fatigue diminish its effectiveness. Arachknight's fighting style incorporates the advantage that his "spider-sense" provides him. His body begins to produce more adrenaline after the sense is triggered, an extension of the 'fight or flight syndrome.' Even when he does not have the use of his eyes Arachknight can still use his Spider Sense in a similar fashion to Daredevil's Radar Sense to help him see by sensing the direction the danger is coming from by listening on the loudest noise around him.
- Psychological Awareness of Environment:
- Organic Webbing Generation:
- Communication and Control of Spiders:
- Psychic Alignment with Arachnids:
- Retractable Talons:
- Retractable Stingers:
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Brad has no criminal record in the United States.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Brad Dotson (Earth-11190)
- Character Gallery: Brad Dotson (Earth-11190)
- Quotations by Brad Dotson (Earth-11190)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References